limelect

Python over Delphi

I do not understand why Embarcadero put the time into Delphi>Python.

I asked Chat 

benefit of Python over Delphi

Its answer

1. Python is a general-purpose programming language, while Delphi is a specific language for developing Windows applications.

2. Python is open source and free, while Delphi is a commercial product. 
3. Python is easier to learn and use than Delphi. 
4. Python has a large and active community of developers, while Delphi has a smaller and less active community. 
5. Python has a wide range of libraries and frameworks available, while Delphi has fewer options. 
6. Python is more versatile and can be used for a variety of tasks, while Delphi is more limited in its scope. 
7. Python is more suitable for rapid development, while Delphi is better for large-scale projects. 
8. Python is better suited for web development, while Delphi is better for desktop applications

the second time I run the same question

1. Python is a general-purpose programming language, while Delphi is a language specifically designed for developing Windows applications. 
2. Python is open source and free, while Delphi is a commercial product. 

3. Python is easier to learn and use than Delphi, and it has a much larger community of developers and users. 

4. Python has a wide range of libraries and frameworks available, while Delphi has a more limited selection. 

5. Python is more versatile and can be used for a variety of tasks, while Delphi is more focused on Windows development. 

6. Python is more popular and widely used than Delphi, so it is easier to find help and resources for it

Do you agree?

It's broadly accurate I'd say. What you should ask is the reverse, what advantages delphi has compared to python. 

For what it is worth I use both delphi and python. For some tasks one is better, for some the other is better. And I use a number of other languages too. Use the the tool that matches the job. 

In fact my product has a python api and can also host embedded python. 

@David Heffernan Ok here it is

the benefit of Delphi over Python 

Delphi has several advantages over Python: 
1. Delphi is a compiled language, which means that it is faster than Python, which is an interpreted language. 

2. Delphi has a more robust type system than Python, which makes it easier to catch errors at compile time. 

3. Delphi has a more powerful object-oriented programming model than Python, which makes it easier to create complex applications. 

4. Delphi has a more comprehensive library of components and tools than Python, which makes it easier to develop applications quickly. 

5. Delphi has a more mature development environment than Python, which makes it easier to debug and maintain applications

what am I to believe

P.S As I recall Basic is the same and slow

Python, which is an interpreted language

Why dont you ask what you really interested in, why Delphi invests so much in Python.

The more detailled and precise your input,  the better the output. 

1 hour ago, limelect said:

@David Heffernan Ok here it is

the benefit of Delphi over Python 

Delphi has several advantages over Python: 
1. Delphi is a compiled language, which means that it is faster than Python, which is an interpreted language. 

2. Delphi has a more robust type system than Python, which makes it easier to catch errors at compile time. 

3. Delphi has a more powerful object-oriented programming model than Python, which makes it easier to create complex applications. 

4. Delphi has a more comprehensive library of components and tools than Python, which makes it easier to develop applications quickly. 

5. Delphi has a more mature development environment than Python, which makes it easier to debug and maintain applications

what am I to believe

P.S As I recall Basic is the same and slow

Python, which is an interpreted language

1. More complicated. Depends on the type of code and the libraries. 

2. Fair. 

3. Not sure about that. 

4. Definitely not universally true. Perhaps for Windows GUI components, but probably nothing else. 

5. Don't agree at all. 

Don't you see that different tools are better in different settings? Surely everyone understands that. 

For me the better solution is
1. To use Python on Delphi, to access the immense packages library of Python overall in math things.

2. Use Delphi to create new very fast modules, and packages, for Python, for example to move threaded things on Delphi where Python thread are very funny.

3. Use Delphi VCL/FMX to create robust Python UI and programs.

Delphi compiled code is one of more fast in the market.

Python covers a lot of scientific fields.

Use either and you will be a winner.

4 minutes ago, shineworld said:

For me the better solution is

What is the problem for which this is the solution?