Fraser

CE registering problem

I have tried to install the newly available community edition which is 11.0.  The Embarcadero site tells me: Your download should begin immediately for
C++Builder Community Edition 11.3 Alexandria installer.   My serial number does not seem to be matching to the installed software.  It says something about Delphi which is another incorrect thing when I try to register.  Has someone made a complete mess of things?  My e-mail with the serial number gives a link to an installation program for 11.3 : RADStudio_11_3_esd_28_13236.exe

Edited by Fraser
correction

23 minutes ago, Fraser said:

I have tried to install the newly available community edition which is 11.0.

The community edition is 11.3, not 11.0

24 minutes ago, Fraser said:

Has someone made a complete mess of things?  My e-mail with the serial number gives a link to an installation program for 11.3 : RADStudio_11_3_esd_28_13236.exe

That's because the version number is 11.3. Please consider changing the topic of your post - it is completely misleading

The community edition has been an older version that the current one for many years.  Are you sure this has changed?

Ok.  The message I get when registration fails is: "No valid license information found for Embarcadero Delphi 11.  You must provide a valid serial number in order to use Embarcadero Delphi 11."

27 minutes ago, Fraser said:

Ok.  The message I get when registration fails is: "No valid license information found for Embarcadero Delphi 11.  You must provide a valid serial number in order to use Embarcadero Delphi 11."

Perhaps you haven't got a valid serial number. 

3 hours ago, Fraser said:

11.3 : RADStudio_11_3_esd_28_13236.exe

the new ISO 11.3 with Community Edition would not be:  ..../11.0/RADStudio_11_3_28_13236a.iso (if you can download the ISO, of course)

image.thumb.png.56a91a6af8eda25353f4bef137ff2c6f.png

Other: needs remove old RAD 11.xxx before, and if necessary delete old licenses (for him) files in C:\ProgramData\{....}  guid name

Edited by programmerdelphi2k

The new Community edition cannot be installed from ISO in any way. Moreover, they don't provide a link to the ISO for the CE's users, only a link to the online installer.

• Thanks 1

I have followed instructions from Embarcadero support and it is now working.  I still had to run the installer twice becuase it found a previous trial license even though I had deleted it.

• Like 1

Boa tarde,

Tive que reformatar meu pc e perdi a licenca do ultimo rad studio que eu tinha, mas quando fui baixar novamente pelo site a versão student ela esta me retornando erro de gateway Time-out