audi30tdi

Tmapimail

Hello!

Have setup a windows XP and Delphi 7 on a VMware Workstation, and there I have made a program using TMapimail to send a report using Outlook.

So the question is, is it possible to run the program on WMware and send the report from the Outlook on the host computer??

28 minutes ago, audi30tdi said:

is it possible to run the program on WMware and send the report from the Outlook on the host computer??

I don't think it is possible. MAPI is a local API.

Think about using a SMTP component to send your email instead of MAPI. There are a number of SMTP client component available for Delphi. I recommend using ICS (wiki.ovebyte.be). If you have questions, there is a dedicated group on the forum server for ICS support: https://en.delphipraxis.net/forum/37-ics-internet-component-suite/

4 hours ago, audi30tdi said:

is it possible to run the program on WMware and send the report from the Outlook on the host computer??

Not directly, no.  You would have to write and install custom software on the host computer for your VM program to connect to and send its report data to, and then that software can use MAPI to email the report data as needed.  Perhaps write a custom DCOM component that the VM program can instantiate remotely and proxies the MAPI object itself.  Or maybe write a custom SMTP server.  Or use a remote-accessible IPC mechanism such as named pipes. TCP sockets, RPC, etc.

Edited by Remy Lebeau