PiedSoftware

Where does Delphi store the list of command line parameters?

Hi

In Delphi, under Run | Parameters, is a drop down list of the history of runtime parameters. I can see the top one, the one that currently applies, in the .dproj file, but I have looked in all the files with the same name as the project but different extension, and I did not see the other command lines. Where are they stored? They seem to be based on the installation of Delphi, not the project.

In the Windows registry at

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\xx.y\History Lists\hlRunParameters

where xx.y is the RAD Studio version(s) you are using

Yes would be nice if they changed this to store it at project level. 

Would like to see this for the debug watches also.

• Like 1

I call RSP tickets that are in the eternal open mode as "crickets", never to be fixed.  When you look at something that was submitted when "Berlin" was the current version, the only thing you can do is move on.

1 hour ago, TazKy said:

I call RSP tickets that are in the eternal open mode as "crickets", never to be fixed.  When you look at something that was submitted when "Berlin" was the current version, the only thing you can do is move on.

If it's a bug and you still have it, you can tell it as a comment to the opened ticket.

If it's a new feature request for the IDE, an external plugin has perhaps the feature or it wasn't visible enough or interesting enough to work on it in priority. It's also the reason of the "vote" link. And you can add a comment to explain why it's needed to your point of view.

On 6/14/2023 at 5:14 PM, Der schöne Günther said:

In the Windows registry at

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\xx.y\History Lists\hlRunParameters

where xx.y is the RAD Studio version(s) you are using

I went looking for hlRunParameters and found 
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1617574381-1279492827-4212147271-1000\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\21.0\History Lists\hlRunParameters

and one other place with that long number, but none with the nice simple name in your post.

Edited by PiedSoftware

HKEY_USERS contains a bunch of "S-IDs" which stands for the user accounts on your machine.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER is nothing more than a shortcut/alias to HKEY_USERS\[your S-ID].

This probably means that you are running Delphi not as the current user you used to open "regedit" with, but as another user.