Rollo62

macOS Ventura 13.4.1, any comments ?

Hi there,

there is a new security update out, but all in all, the whole Ventura leaves a bad taste for me.
Lots of performance issues forced me to move to Windows-hardware, so I'm waiting for the next big macOS bugfix for my Intel MacBook Pro 2018.

I'm afraid the new security update 13.4.1 is NOT the big bugfix yet:
https://www.gottabemobile.com/macos-ventura-problems-5-things-you-need-to-know/

Do you have any experiences or performance tips with Ventura so far, or the latest update ?

Edited by Rollo62

For my personal machine, I went back to Monterey after trying out Ventura for a week or two. I had terrible problems with Exchange not syncing properly. Not sure if that got fixed properly. Ventura had some nice features I would have liked to use, but the Exchange problem (and I think some problem with scanning/printing) made me roll back.

Still looking forward to the next version though 🙂

Well fine then, I'm not the only one :classic_cheerleader:

Downgrading is not an option for me right now.

I'm hesitating to install the new version 13.4.1, not sure if it makes things better or worse.
This update is only about security, not mentioning any performance or other improvements.

I'm stuck on Monterey, because my MacBook is from late 2015. But I'm still quite happy with it.

1 hour ago, Sherlock said:

I'm stuck on Monterey, because my MacBook is from late 2015. But I'm still quite happy with it.

I wonder if you are still able to install the latest XCode, SDKs and tools without problems ?

My older MacBook from 2013 stuck on Catalina as the latest version, never checked if it can be used for development ever since.

18 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

I wonder if you are still able to install the latest XCode, SDKs and tools without problems ?

My older MacBook from 2013 stuck on Catalina as the latest version, never checked if it can be used for development ever since.

I have a MacBook Pro from this year too, in Catalina, and each time I restore the OS, I add manually the old Xcode release pour macOS Catalina SDK, but it can't be used for iOS development.

Xcode 15 is a beta software available only for latest macOS beta release. Don't use it for publishing Delphi projects until it's final release.

• Like 1

You can install the latest macos on older macbooks using opencore.

I run Ventura and the latest XCode on both 2013 and 2015 macbooks.

With 2tb nvme drives replacements both books are not just running, but flying.

Thanks, so you use the newest version 13.4.1 without special issues ?

I think you mean this OpenCore, the kindof bootloader.

Since OpenCore ist not the official OS, do you face any issues with AppStore uploads, TestFlight, reviews, or the like ?

I use Macos normally, to prevent any additional issues with uploading or review of the apps in the Apple universe.