dummzeuch

coff2omf does not create any output or error messages

I am trying to convert an import lib file for a dll meant for Visual Studio (therefore in COFF format) to OMF format to be used in C++ Builder:

c:\Program Files\somecompany\cpp\lib32\Debug>coff2omf -lib:ms libraryname.lib c:\sources\libs\libraryname.lib

coff2omf takes a few seconds does not output any error messages but does not create any output file.

If I add the -v option, it will output lots of symbol names, but still create no output file.

The input file is readonly but the output directory is writable.

What am I missing this time?

I'm beginning to suspect I should have used Visual Studio rather than C++ Builder, but we don't have a license for that.

Does anybody have any experience with Embarcadero Dev C++ ?

9 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

I am trying to convert an import lib file for a dll meant for Visual Studio (therefore in COFF format) to OMF format to be used in C++ Builder:

Why?  For an import lib, you should instead simply create a new import lib file for C++Builder using the IMPLIB (32bit) or MKEXP (64bit) tool on the DLL itself.  There is no point in converting import libs, only static libs.

Edited by Remy Lebeau
  • Like 3

It's odd that the emba tool won't work directly with platform standard import libs. You'd think they'd find a way to do that. 

• Like 1