softtouch

No Android Platform in Delphi 11.3

I just wanted to work again a little with Android, so I installed via Tools->Manage Platforms "Delphi Android Professional" and selected  Android SDK and  OpenJDK, it installed, done.
But when I now create a new Multi-Device project, I only have macOS and Win32/Win64 platforms, no Android.

What could cause this?

In the installer, did you have android platform (on main menu), JDK and SDK (on options) installed ?

Do you have Android in the contextual menu when you clic on the project and "add new platform" or just nothing ?

Check your license in the license manager to verify if mobile is available on it. Some old licenses had a problem (Embarcadero support can fix it).

1 hour ago, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

In the installer, did you have android platform (on main menu), JDK and SDK (on options) installed ?

Do you have Android in the contextual menu when you clic on the project and "add new platform" or just nothing ?

Check your license in the license manager to verify if mobile is available on it. Some old licenses had a problem (Embarcadero support can fix it).

Yes, I checked all of them.

No Android Platform in the context menu to add.

Yes, Delphi 11.0 Alexandria Professional with Mobile

3 hours ago, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

If you open a project made for iOS/Android, does it compile or show Android platform as available ?

You can try https://github.com/DeveloppeurPascal/LearnToCodeSummerCamp2021/tree/main/Day-3 or a mobile snippets (permission or camera) for Embarcadero samples to check.

No, it wont show Android platform. And compiling is useless because it will compile for the selected platform, which is either Win or macOS.

On 7/31/2023 at 8:23 AM, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

Ok, try to uninstall the Android compiler, reboot and reinstall it, but if it doesn't work contact Embarcadero support https://www.embarcadero.com/support

I did that a couple of times, and it did not work.

Today, I tried to install Android on the office pc, which has Delphi 11 Enterprise, and its exactly the same, no Android platform to select.

This is so frustrating, still no Andoid platform, whatever I try. I did a clean installation of Windows on another PC, installed D11 from the .iso, mac platforms are there, but still no Andoid, even its checked and it installed a lot of android stuff.

Did you configure the paths in Tools > Options > Deployment > SDK Manager?

16 minutes ago, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

Did you finally contacted Embarcadero support ?

No, I did not. I gave up with it. I will use something else.