mvanrijnen

D11.3, Search, Whole words only - randomly checked

In D11.3, with search (ctrl-f and/or ctrl-shift-f), the checkbox for "Whole words only", goes randomly to checked state in my IDE.

Somebody who knows why this is, and/or how to fix this ?
(i want it not checked by default)

image.thumb.png.6d1dc31ea0ad691527b2042f6481cd67.png

Edited by mvanrijnen

Hi,

I have the same problem, more precisely, to me, it seems that every time I start the IDE that checkbox is checked (and I don't want to search for whole words only).

A little issue, but annoying.

Marco

I can't find it where, but somewhere I read Embarcadero accepted this being a bug in the IDE, I hope it's fixed soon because it's really annoying.

1 hour ago, merijnb said:

I can't find it where, but somewhere I read Embarcadero accepted this being a bug in the IDE, I hope it's fixed soon because it's really annoying.

I've put "readonly" in the registry on:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\Search

see if that helpers

• Like 1

I had the same problem, also I then disabled it via registry key. This also worked for a while, but at some point the checkbox was active again. Somehow I do not see the connection yet, when the checkbox becomes active again. And important: Delphi must be terminated first, before you make changes to the registry.

Does the control Find settings (bottom of Code window) have precedence over control shift Find settings? 

Screenshot 2023-09-08 074018.png

I don't think they're related. I use Ctrl+Shift+F a lot to search over all files in a project (when I'm not using DirFind) and was baffled at first I wouldn't find things that I was sure were somewhere in the project, just to notice this "Whole words only" checkbox was checked! I type control hotkeys sometimes by mistake, but I don't think I'm typing Alt+W every time... Someone should launch an Embarcadero QC ticket, if there isn't one already.

For me, it was always "Entire Scope" that would become enabled for some reason. Any idea if that is also fixed in Delphi 12? It has not happened to be so far. But it was always sporadic and I have not spent enough time in Delphi 12 to have an opinion on that issue.