Stano

TMS: Component compilation error

I installed D12 and latest version of TMS VCL UI Pack. I don't have another version of Delhi. With automatic compilation. When compiling (component) I get an error:
[dcc32 Fatal Error] TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE14.dpk(176): E2225 Never-build package 'rtl' must be recompiled
[dcc32 Fatal Error] EnJasotComponents.dpk(43): E2202 Required package 'TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE14' not found

in package TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE14;
{$IMPLICITBUILD OFF}

I haven't come across that before. How can I fix it?

Note: I've put this on TMS as well, but it's going to take a long time.

From TMS:

Delphi 12 uses package TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE15.dproj
So, if there are still dependencies in your project to TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE14, you should replace this by TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE15

It is a long time flaw in the TMS package naming to neglect the LIBSUFFIX approach, which ever so often leads to such problems.

That's why I have made my own packages using LIBSUFFIX in conjunction with a manual install process. It comes with the task to synchronize the DPR files contains clause for each update - a small price I am happy to pay.

Odd - we also use the TMS VCL UI Pack - but I've never noticed that problem when having two Delphi versions installed in parallel.

Perhaps because we don't use runtime packages in our code?

I haven't seen it yet either. I only ever have a single version of Delphi.
In the required section I had to replace these units:
  TMSVCLUIPackPkgDXE14,
  TMSVCLUIPackPkgExDXE14,
  dac280,
  ibdac280,
That solved the problem. I don't use runtime packages. It's beyond my knowledge and needs.

I've got three years' support. I don't plan to extend it anymore. I can handle a maximum of three upgrades:classic_smile:

It might happen that your PATH environment variable contains the path to the previous Delphi version BPL folder, like: "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Bpl"

If you only use Delphi 12, then delete the 22.0\Bpl folder and remove the entry from the PATH