Shrinavat

Delphi 12 Component Palette Panel Shift Issue

Upon each launch of IDE, the Component Palette panel consistently shifts to the right by a specific distance. This behavior requires me to manually drag the panel back to its original position on the left side every time I start Delphi 12.
Additionally, I have observed that the "Lock Controls" icon from the "View" toolbar disappears. I have manually added this icon to the toolbar, but it vanishes. It reappears only after selecting the same action through the "Edit|Lock Controls" menu. I have attached a screenshot illustrating the issue.

I would like to inquire if there is a solution or workaround to address this problem. Is there a way to lock or fix the position of the Component Palette panel, so it remains in place across Delphi 12 sessions?

Additionally, I am curious about where the configuration data for the panel's position is stored. Does Delphi 12 save this information in the registry, a configuration file, or elsewhere?

screenshot.png

Edited by Shrinavat

In Delphi 11.3, I have removed all other panels, so that only Component Palette is there - and then it does not move.

10 minutes ago, PeaShooter_OMO said:

Please uninstall (not disable) CnPack temporarily and see if it still occurs

Uninstalling CnPack had no effect, the panel appeared to be offset as well.

Edited by Shrinavat

If I recall correctly, the environment data is stored in files here:

%APPDATA%\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\*.dst

but I'm still on Delphi 11, I'm not sure what BDS version Delphi 12 is on.

Do you have different Desktops setup?

image.png.7e8f86a218d8bb56c31f1bb377839c0d.png

I have and I have found that sometimes my Object Inspector's Column (SplitPos) width changes because of the switching between the Debug Layout and my own custom desktop when I "Run" a program.

The .DST files stijnsanders referred to in "c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\" contains the layout of the desktops (adjust version number of folder as needed). The default ones as well as custom ones. I then go into each of them and make sure the relevant properties of the Object Inspector is set the same across all the .DST files uncluding the Debug Layout. I suggest that you look to see to if the Component Palette has properties in those files and set them the same across the board. Make sure to consider all relevant properties.

This approach works for me for the Object Inspector but your situation might differ.

Edited by PeaShooter_OMO

I read that sometimes delete the .DST file (for example "Default layout.dst") will help (make a copy before .....)

When the IDE start the file will be recreated again.

I use this layout:

image.thumb.png.9e366555ba6ef47634e085f44f1fb8c5.png

31 minutes ago, PeaShooter_OMO said:

Do you have different Desktops setup?

Yes, I have different Desktops. *.DST files do not have component palette properties. Deleting both your own Desktops and the default ones did not affect the offset position of the component palette :-(