Lars Fosdal

Current state of the Embarcadero services

Per February, 7th

Not fully operational
Quality Portal - in read only mode while awaiting lift to cloud.

Older GetIt server(s) are still work in progress

Operational

GetIt servers for Athens 12.x
GetIt servers for Athens 11.3 - new installers at my.embarcadero.com
GetIt servers for Community Edition
The DocWiki

The Blogs (albeit slow)

• Thanks 2

Oh, sigh.

So it does not work from that location, but it does work from the Tools menu... (another bug)

I got it done now, thanks Dave.

2 minutes ago, Brian Warner said:

I can't get to GetIt via Welcome page or Tools menu in either 11.2 or 12.0. Any further updates?

Working OK here in 12.0. They're apparently still working on resurrecting GetIt for 11.x

13 hours ago, Brian Warner said:

I can't get to GetIt via Welcome page or Tools menu in either 11.2 or 12.0. Any further updates?

For D12 there is a new installer because GetIt server changed.

I suppose you need to install with the new installer in order to work Welcome page or Tools menu.

9 minutes ago, Cristian Peța said:

For D12 there is a new installer because GetIt server changed.

I suppose you need to install with the new installer in order to work Welcome page or Tools menu.

That's not possible. The Welcome page is working fine for me (installed from the ISO image). I doubt that the ISO and online installer has different setup for the GetIt.

17 minutes ago, Lajos Juhász said:

That's not possible. The Welcome page is working fine for me (installed from the ISO image). I doubt that the ISO and online installer has different setup for the GetIt.

https://blogs.embarcadero.com/getit-update-additional-rad-studio-12-getit-packages-are-now-available/

Customers who have installed RAD Studio 12 using the online installation process won’t have the ability to add new platforms and core features to the product via the Manage Features dialog. In order to do this, they will need to uninstall and then reinstall using the new inline release.

I understand from the link above that who installed with old online installer GetIt will not work.

16 minutes ago, Cristian Peța said:

I understand from the link above that who installed with old online installer GetIt will not work.

"Customers who have installed RAD Studio 12 using the online installation process won’t have the ability to add new platforms and core features to the product via the Manage Features dialog. In order to do this, they will need to uninstall and then reinstall using the new inline release."

It's not about the GetIt or Welcome page.