Tommi Prami

JSON feed, replacement form RSS/Atom

https://www.jsonfeed.org/version/1.1/

Looks much cleaner and sane than RSS/Atom.

Hope this catches on, RSS is/was very nice concept, but was kind of sidelined, can't remember why it is not that popular anymore, there was some major reason popularity dropped.

-Tee-

Given that most sites don't offer feeds any more or have hidden them so most people won't know they exist, I don't think this will make much of a difference.

Quite a few sites still support RSS. Even those that don't announce their support, can have a living www.site.com/rss URL.

One of the enemies of RSS, are Paywalls.

1 hour ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Quite a few sites still support RSS. Even those that don't announce their support, can have a living www.site.com/rss URL.

One of the enemies of RSS, are Paywalls.

Another one is "social" media.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

Given that most sites don't offer feeds any more or have hidden them so most people won't know they exist, I don't think this will make much of a difference.

I was not thinking this as a traditional website feed, mainly. Buit standard to use in our apps to pass messages/info. 

Like your homepage to your app, to pass known bugs, new features etc...  As far as I know Wordpress has rss-feed polugin, maybe some other CMS also has. And then you could start to publish something on your website and get the feed to your app.

-Tee-

Edited by Tommi Prami