Jim McKeeth

Codolex 2.0 is now Free - Low-Code for Delphi

With the release of the new 2.0 version of Codolex we also introduced a new pricing model making Codolex free.

Codolex is the premier low-code application architecture system for Delphi development. Even non-programming subject matter experts can contribute to the business logic with Codolex.

Download Codolex today, and we hope you will also take advantage of the consulting services offered by GDK Software.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wow. That's looks like a great tool to help new Delphi developers get started.

The email I received after downloading stated: 

No key is required to run the beta versions of Codolex. Codolex will automatically run in trial mode for 30 days.

What happens after 30 days of using the program?

I downloaded the free version 2.0 out of curiosity. No message appeared.

1 hour ago, Stano said:

downloaded the free version 2.0 out of curiosity. No message appeared.

It is in the e-mail you going to receive. 

Interesting on the installation that it doesn't support limited users, to install it you must run the installation as administrator. When the install is finished the limited user will not get it in the IDE. The solution is to install it outside program files where your user has write access.

I don't 100% understand what this is. Is this a tool that creates code that you can adjust and then compile, or is this something you integrate (like a workflow engine) into an existing application?

Posted (edited)

It generates a code that you can call but cannot change. If you change it will be rewritten the first time when the new code is generated.

Note. I find the generated code unreadable and can kill the Delphi IDE with stack overflow.

Edited by Lajos Juhász
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kryvich said:

The email I received after downloading stated: 

What happens after 30 days of using the program?

The Codolex is 100% free, you can use without restrictions.

6 hours ago, omnibrain said:

I don't 100% understand what this is. Is this a tool that creates code that you can adjust and then compile, or is this something you integrate (like a workflow engine) into an existing application?

It is a Low-Code tool, one of the objectives is to make it easier to generate code without having to type, you can create your flows that represent methods in Delphi (procedures or functions), visualizing the logic used in each of the flows.
There are many advantages, rapid development, ease of understanding the programming logic of each method, source code standardization, code reuse, etc.

Codolex can be used to create the source code for new screens or refactor existing systems, creating robust classes using best programming practices.

6 hours ago, Lajos Juhász said:

It generates a code that you can call but cannot change. If you change it will be rewritten the first time when the new code is generated.

Note. I find the generated code unreadable and can kill the Delphi IDE with stack overflow.

Why do you believe the code is unreadable? Could you explain to us, we want all the feedback possible to improve the product.

Did you right-click on your flow and select Preview source code?

To get the access violation I have a simple example. I do not know how to create a bug report.

image.thumb.png.d7cc2d0281f53fd1987cc41165cbe0d2.png

If you try to connect the show dialog to the merge element. (I guess it is not supported, but killing the IDE is not acceptable behavior.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using copy paste I have managed to break the code generation (the last show message - thank you is missing):

image.thumb.png.d287445c055988bf6872b8ba206dae43.png

Also, for some reason the files are not generated:

[dcc32 Fatal Error] mainFRM.pas(25): F2613 Unit 'Test.M1.V1' not found.

What I dislike in the code is that everything is an inline variable. If you have a decision (if then - else structure) the elements after the merge point are generated inside every branch. 

I have had no time to test it in detail (I will have more time next month).