dmitrybv

Global bookmarks

Is there a plugin for RAD Studio that would allow you to create and search for global bookmarks in all project files like in MS Visual Studio?

As I am not familiar with this feature, I wonder what the difference is between a standard bookmark and a global bookmark

2 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

As I am not familiar with this feature, I wonder what the difference is between a standard bookmark and a global bookmark

A bookmark with a name given by the user, not just a number as the standard IDE bookmarks get. The latter do not make sense across units but the former do.

I wonder if that can be implemented based on the Parnassus Bookmarks plugin available in GetIt. The API description mentions:

Version 1.2 of Bookmarks allowed users to assign a name or description to a bookmark. This interface allows you to read that name.  Use IPnAPIBookmarkList2 to change the name of a bookmark.

37 minutes ago, PeterBelow said:

A bookmark with a name given by the user, not just a number as the standard IDE bookmarks get. The latter do not make sense across units but the former do.

Is that only within a project group or global over all projects that MSVS ever opened?

The Bookmarks plugin already provides a list of bookmarks for all open files. There is also an option to give a name to each bookmark. Looks like the only missing feature is to show the bookmarks from all project files.

Posted (edited)

It looks like Parnassus - Bookmarks has function to bypass all bookmarks in all files, but there is no shortcut assigned to this function by default.

sshot-350.png

Edited by dmitrybv

While "of all" can also mean "of all open".

Given that Bookmarks stores its bookmarks per file it may not have any concept of "files of a project", while "open files" seems like a valid filter. Otherwise it would resurrect this question:

4 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

Is that only within a project group or global over all projects that MSVS ever opened?