alogrep

Call stack does not show source unit code

Hi everybody. Happy New Year.

Suddenly selecting Call Stack on en error, the window does not show the unit souce lines , but it shows the CPU .

I read in a post that to avoid this I should un-check the "Use debug dcu's.  I did that but it did not solved the problem.

What shoud I do do see the unit line where the error happens?

Thanks

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

Edited by alogrep
grammar error

Basically, to show the code source, it needs the .pas files to be on the "Path Browser" on the platform in use!

verify your setup - Tools, ... Delphi paths for your platform target

Edited by Guest

Happy New Year.

I check debug.dcus. I rebuilt. I checked the library path and also the OS path. No success. I wonder why the call stack stops on the 

Vcl.Forms unit which is in tokyo\source\vcl directory when this path is not in the delphi library path nor in the OS path, but it does not show my own unit (a database module) that causes the error (this is in a path defined in the Tools->library). 

1. sometimes just deleting files created by IDE, can help you! then:
    1. try "delete" .DPROJ files for eliminated any code-wrong ... and test, if nothing
    2. try create a new DPR (project) and add your units/forms ... and test!

Happy New Code!

I would delete the other files first. dproj last.

s2.jpg

May be the options "Local symbols" should be flagged and "Symbol reference info" should be set to "Reference Info". "Debug dcu", my experience, is necessary to step in the source system files during debug.

Thanks everybody, but none of the suggestions worked. I noticed I had in project source Vcl.thmes and Vcl.Styles. I eliminated "Vcl" from them and now I can see my unit source line that cause the error.