KenR

Application to generate all cross platform images

With so few pixels there is not much that can be done but I will look into providing alternative sampling algorithms.

The images I previously provide were generated with just 256 colors. These are generated using true color iPhone_Spotlight80.png.4637d7338d3a1014fb7f5901655e4beb.pngiPhone_Notification60.png.b7d8eb3763eeea3001cf7c7e437139e8.pngiPhone_Notification40.png.cfd138df462555b33b3409ca0699ed05.pngAndroid_NotificationIcon24.png.484b8fc3a429a39bf4c5743114e141db.png the first one is the iPhone_Spotlight80, the last one is the Android_Notification24.

New version of Launch Gen available. The sampling filter can now be changed. It defaults to Mitchell.

I'm pleased to say that Embarcadero have added LaunchGen to GetIt for Delphi 10.4 and 11.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Excellent news, @KenR, but the installer is not friends with me.

It denies me installing x64 .exe files under Windows 11 for ARM.
All the .x64 that I have tried on WfA, run without problems.
What is the reason for blocking installation?

image.thumb.png.07ee4d23551d05bedb8ba5637f23b97f.png

image.thumb.png.48ec6ab27b8b41d79393714caab6ab09.png

It's just a normal Windows installation program.

On 12/1/2021 at 9:34 AM, Lars Fosdal said:

I use the good old IcoFX 1.6.4 Portable Edition.

Yeah, I bought the version 3 back in the days, it's pretty cool and worth every dime, you can generate everything you want and take also an SVG as a source. Won't edit your project files though. If you wanted to do so.

Maybe LaunchGen handles SVG's too.

Edited by Attila Kovacs

1 hour ago, KenR said:

It's just a normal Windows installation program.

Well... it still denies me to install under Windows for ARM.

1 hour ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Well... it still denies me to install under Windows for ARM.

Seems I have Architextures allowed set to just X64 in innosetup. I will do a new build asap.

17 hours ago, KenR said:

Seems I have Architextures allowed set to just X64 in innosetup. I will do a new build asap.

Can you please try installing again. I have removed the limitation on the architectures but I do not have Windows Arm installed so cannot test it.

Looks like your latest versions has not yet propagated through to us GetIt users.  Still seeing 1.1.1 and the same x64 error.

Another little nitpick - Your installer should be signed.
image.thumb.png.a7c62d6bfcfbe33a7bafc718bb5127c2.png

2 minutes ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Looks like your latest versions has not yet propagated through to us GetIt users.  Still seeing 1.1.1 and the same x64 error.

Another little nitpick - Your installer should be signed.
image.thumb.png.a7c62d6bfcfbe33a7bafc718bb5127c2.png

It is signed.

image.png.a13b4f348af096277939c40f2c241a18.png

7 minutes ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Well, something is amiss, it seems?

I'll check the innosetup settings.

Downloaded Setup.exe from karmobile.net and had a look.
Good news - The ARM problem is solved in the 1.1.2 installer.

The unknown publisher is related to Setup.exe being signed with a self-signed certificate.

Unfortunately, proper certificates are expensive.

https://www.ssldragon.com/product/sectigo-code-signing-ssl/

When running the installer standalone, it seems something goes amiss?

Note that I installed it under C:\Program Files\Launch Gen - which means the current directory of the application is read-only.

Preferably, working files should be placed under 

User specific app data %AppData%\Launch Gen = C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Launch Gen

This pops up when starting Launch Gen.
image.png.1fa6405b047183c86a9677a379078aa4.png

On closing it, without having made any changes or operations,

image.png.d7c8a2fa37991b954d2f6658e28d3f93.png

Also, the app is not DPI aware - but then again - neither are mine 😛
image.thumb.png.0806a51e61576c659f9950f50d8afdf4.png

Yes. Installing to program files is not a good idea in this case as it needs to create a database. I have certificates for chargeoble applications but I'm not about to buy one for a piece of software that I'm trying to give away!

10 minutes ago, KenR said:

Yes. Installing to program files is not a good idea in this case as it needs to create a database. I have certificates for chargeoble applications but I'm not about to buy one for a piece of software that I'm trying to give away!

I'll ask EMBT if there is a better way of distributing this.

I do normally install databases/inii files to appdata\roaming but as this application started out just for my use I took shortcuts. Now I'm going to have to copy existing databases. Oh well, that's what I get for being lazy!

15 hours ago, KenR said:

I do normally install databases/inii files to appdata\roaming but as this application started out just for my use I took shortcuts. Now I'm going to have to copy existing databases.

Or - check the current folder for db files and use those if they exist, otherwise create a new under appdata?

FYI - There appears to be some delay for updates through GetIt - 1.1.2 installer is still not available.

Ref. signing - this is perhaps not that big of a deal for the average user, but it does add another layer of security.
It can come into play on corporate networks, where - depending on the policies in play - installers not properly signed simply won't be allowed to run.

GetIt just downloads the latest setup from my server so the version displayed in getit is not accurate. I am talking to EMBT about a possibly different way of doing this but they have not replied yet. I considered possibly having 2 different locations for DB. Jury is still out 🙂

3 hours ago, KenR said:

GetIt just downloads the latest setup from my server so the version displayed in getit is not accurate. I am talking to EMBT about a possibly different way of doing this but they have not replied yet. I considered possibly having 2 different locations for DB. Jury is still out 🙂

Lars suggestion on creating DB in appdata only if the DB does not already exist is the easiest way forward.

Now available on GetIt without the need to run my installation program.

• Like 3