PeaShooter_OMO

Does Visual Studio's Intellisense fail as often as Delphi's Code Insight?

For those of you who work with Visual Studio as well...

Does Visual Studio's Intellisense fail as often as Delphi's Code Insight? Does it just stop to function? Does it fail on only some parts of the functionality?

What about Jetbrains' IDEs?

We have a fairly large C# solution at work, currently using Visual Studio as an IDE. Slow as hell, sluggish and memory-hog, but Intellisense did not stop to function for me; not even once in the past 4 years.

Delphi's LSP was never "stable". I tried D10.2, 10.4, 10.4.2 and now 11.2. Even in relatively small projects (~30-60 units) Code navigation (Ctrl + Click) is uncommon, Code completion usually shows only the default options, wiggly lines everywhere but you still can run your project just fine.

I prefer Delphi and do dislike VS as an IDE, but Intellisense is superior in every way in my opinion. LSP is just still immature.

Edited by aehimself

It is said that big problems appear in small projects, which are not present in large projects. EMB knows about it. They don't know why.
I have a small project. Sometimes I even cry.

7 minutes ago, Stano said:

It is said that big problems appear in small projects, which are not present in large projects. EMB knows about it. They don't know why.
I have a small project. Sometimes I even cry.

Any specific type of problems or just CodeInsight in general?

I have no information. It mainly revolved around LSP. Generally.

Mmm personally VS Intellisense has never failed for me ever...it can get really slow on very very large projects but keeps working, albeit slowly. I've noticed that Delphi's Code Insight lies to me a lot, finding problems where there aren't any, LOL whut. I second @Der schöne Günther that Visual Studio Code is an amazing editor, I would say probably the best editor out there right now, I use it for Angular and Dart and just love it.

I use VS 2022 and C# on .NET.  It gets confused if you have third party assemblies without sourcecode that extend standard classes. 

It will show the doc for the standard class methods, even if the IL is decompiled correctly for the third party assembly.

But, no, I haven't seen it stop working completely.