Sign in to follow this  
johnnix

Code completion failure

Hello,

I am using latest Delphi version 28.0.46141.0937 and for some time now I am facing an issue with code completion in my projects. Once I open a project file I get strange "errors" like the ones shown in the attachment and all code related automation does not work.

Does anyone know where to look for a fix?

Thank you all for your time!

Screenshot 2022-12-14 200451.png

You will have to wait for a future version of the Delphi. Maybe the new IDE will resolve this issue (or an improved LSP server).

3 hours ago, Lajos Juhász said:

an improved LSP server

The myth of a working LSP server.. since before Godzilla 🙂

• Haha 1

an improved LSP server

...and much faster! 🥱 (code completion, find window etc.)

Edited by haentschman

Disable "Error insight" in Options - User interface - Editor - Language - page "Error insight"

Important hint regarding LSP

Yesterday I noticed that with both Delphi 10.4 and Delphi 11, an invalid path reliably knocks out the LSP. (Yes, this is reported and goes its way).

This invalid path can be at least in the system PATH, the library path and unfortunately already simply the search path. You can easily test this yourself by entering a non-existent path there and restart Delphi. Important: If you correct it, you may have to restart Windows. For some reason it is not always enough to restart Delphi and the DelphiLSP.exe (even if the system PATH is not changed). I haven't looked into that yet and it doesn't always happen.

Edited by jaenicke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2