David Schwartz

TO ChatGPT: In Delphi, is there any kind of an adapter or class that takes a TList<T> and makes it look like a TDataSet?

On 4/7/2023 at 4:50 PM, Anders Melander said:

But for professional development, that approach is simply lazy.

Come off it. If you think there is something inherently superior about doing more work to arrive at the same place, you're just an ideologist. All of us sometimes need someone to outline the right way to solve a problem. "My employer" doesn't care if I get it from a dead tree book, a google search, stack overflow, or ChatGPT.

"My employer" would care if I started writing garbage code that I don't understand. That's a separate issue.

16 hours ago, Brandon Staggs said:

"My employer" would care if I started writing garbage code that I don't understand.

That is the problem with ChatGPT.  It cannot be relied on. 

On 4/12/2023 at 2:01 AM, Lars Fosdal said:

That is the problem with ChatGPT.  It cannot be relied on. 

I completely agree. I have used it to point me in a good direction, but the code it generates is usually something that wouldn't even compile. It's pretty interesting how asking it for a Delphi version of something it gave me works a little, but still manages to conflate syntax from other languages, and often presumes things that just don't exist, like header conversions that nobody has done for Delphi.