kuzduk

Bugs - where to write to fix it?

Hello all. Please tell me where i can write to official Delphi developers for fix Delphi's bugs?

Errors and shortcomings of VCL:

* Memo - property Scroll if Booth, then always on - where is AutoHideScrolls?

*StringGrid-
  The most important methods RowDelete, ColDelete, RowMove, ColMove, RowMove are missing - you need to make all sorts of additions for these methods to work.

* Edit, ComboBox, Memo - Ctrl+BackSpace inserts a square character instead of deleting a word.

* ListView - the column cannot be made invisible (width = 0 does not scroll, and the Visible property for the column is missing)

* CheckListBox.DeselectAll - missing

* TPopupMenu, TPopupActionBar - you cannot attach a ColorMap, there is no Font property, and the font is taken from the system, but I want my own!

*ImageList -
Incorrectly adds ico with alpha channel: makes the whole image more whitish. In order to import correctly, you need to save ico to png and import exactly png.
When adding an image (by clicking the add button), the image is added not after the selected element, but before it

for example in post attach the StringGrid modul with my additions for RowDelete, ColDelete, RowMove, ColMove, RowMove
Grid#.pas - original
Grid.pas - edited version of vcl

Grids.pas

Grids#.pas

Edited by kuzduk

13 minutes ago, kuzduk said:

Please tell me where i can write to official Delphi developers for fix Delphi's bugs?

https://quality.embarcadero.com

But I can tell you right now that most, if not all, of your complaints aren't bugs and will never be implemented as new features or enhancements.

Just because something doesn't work the way you'd like it to doesn't make it a bug.

• Like 1

As we have learned from other highly qualified individuals, VCL has not been abandoned; rather, it was completed a long time ago.

• Haha 2

You are not reporting bugs but features you would like to be added. You can add many features yourself if you derive you own component from the original. And you even have full source code for the original if you need to understand inner working.

You can submit bug report or feature request to https://quality.embarcadero.com

you can create yourself "helpers" too... if the class/type dont have it...

Vcl.Grids,
  Vcl.StdCtrls;

type
  TSGMyHelper = class helper for TStringGrid
  type
    TMyHack = class(TStringGrid);

procedure MyRowMove(IdxFrom, IdxTo: integer);
  end;

TForm1 = class(TForm)
    StringGrid1: TStringGrid;
    Button1: TButton;
    procedure FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
    procedure Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
  private
    { Private declarations }
  public
    { Public declarations }
  end;

var
  Form1: TForm1;

implementation

{$R *.dfm}
{ TSGMyHelper }

procedure TSGMyHelper.MyRowMove(IdxFrom, IdxTo: integer);
begin
  TMyHack(Self).RowMoved(IdxFrom, IdxTo);
end;

{ Form1 }

procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
  for var i: integer        := 0 to (StringGrid1.RowCount - 1) do
    StringGrid1.Cells[1, i] := 'hello ' + i.ToString;
end;

procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
  StringGrid1.MyRowMove(3, 1);
end;

end.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 10:12 PM, Anders Melander said:

But I can tell you right now that most, if not all, of your complaints aren't bugs and will never be implemented as new features or enhancements.

Just because something doesn't work the way you'd like it to doesn't make it a bug.

Yes. U right. It is not bug, not error. It is not full elementary functional. It is dearth, shortage, lack - what right word in english meen "unfull" in programming contex? 

The word you are looking for is "incomplete".

In case anyone is not already aware of this

https://quality.embarcadero.com is now in a permanent read-only mode.  A new system is being implemented, but has not been opened to the public yet.  So, if you do have a legit bug/feature to report, feel free to post it in a public forum, or write to Embarcadero directly, and someone who has internal access to the new system can open tickets for you until the new system is ready for public use.

• Thanks 4