JohnLM

Is it possible to send text from android to a windows laptop and back over wifi?

Update on compiling the PhotoWall app under Delphi 11.2 Alexandria for mobile. . . Success!!

(The reason I could not compile the mobile portion was because my phone still had the compiled version (from XE7) and I did not uninstall it)

I was able to finally compile the mobile portion to my phone and app-tether a live photo from it and sent it to my computer laptop. 

* folder -> C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Samples\Object Pascal\RTL\Tethering\PhotoWall

* Must remember to turn on wifi on the phone and the computer/laptop in order for app-tethering to work. 

2nd edit:  I forgot to mention that I renamed the "MobilePhotoApp" to "MobilePhotoApp_D11_FMX_w7" and that was how I had success and no error message like the above-posted image shows. 

Edited by JohnLM

update on App Tethering process. . .

After a week or so of more searching and trial/error attempts, I managed to finally get one project to work, found via google search.  I can send a text to another vcl app in windows. 

However, when I compile the Client side project for mobile instead, I get the following error: 

[PAClient Error] Error: E7688 Unable to execute 

..and at the bottom of the list of error messages, I see that it also says "Circular Reference..." on the last line. 

I am not sure what that means let alone, how to resolve it. 

6 hours ago, JohnLM said:

it also says "Circular Reference..." on the last line. 

I am not sure what that means let alone, how to resolve it

Circular Reference - See Reference, Circular

Reference, Circular - See Circular Reference

Joke aside, simplified it means that you have a UnitA using UnitB, and UnitB using UnitA.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnLM said:

I managed to finally get one project to work, found via google search.  I can send a text to another vcl app in windows.

Any chance of providing the link?

Or a copy of your working example?

Regards & TIA,

Ian

8 hours ago, JohnLM said:

I am not sure what that means let alone, how to resolve it. 

Complete error messages may help.

update #2 on App Tethering process. . .

I have not found a good resource that goes through all the steps to build an app tethering project from a beginner's point of view.  All the ones I did find and tried to follow were too advanced for me.  I could not follow.  Instead, I had to read many different resources found through Google searches and those on Embarcadero's websites and try different things.  The notes below are what I have accomplished so far. 

Later, I will follow up with the steps and code of how to build a working app tethering project for sending: TEXT, PARAGRAPH, and a PHOTO between devices. 

History so far. . .

I ended up rebuilding as a new project from scratch, piece by piece, compiling in Windows, then compiling as Android, multiple times while observing that the Android version continued to work.  And once I reached the point where the Android was able to receive TEXT from my laptop, I knew I had it working. By then, I was getting confused about what does what and so on, and so the project became a mess, all-be-it a working mess. 

Then, I wanted to be able to send TEXT back and forth between the two devices, the laptop, and the Android phone.  Another day's coding mess now turned into a shameful mess of spaghetti and still trying to remember what each part of the code does. 

And now I need to add and update the spaghetti code to be able to send a paragraph (or memo) of TEXT between devices.  But at this time, I do not know how to, but I will figure it out soon. 

Then, I want to figure out how to send an image photo between each device.  To be able to do all three will be great.