paoloparenti

End of licence Comunity edition.

I use delhi 10.4 Comunity Edition for the development of a distributed application, 
I haven't finished the development yet and I have the license that expires in 14 days, 
I don't know yet if I will distribute the product, but I would like to be able to continue 
writing what I have left without having to move to delphi 11. 
wish i could stay with delphi 10.4 until at least the end of development. 
Is there any way to prolong the delphi 10.4, community edition license? 
On the expiry date of the license, will I be able to continue writing what I have left?Many thamk's.

I speak in practical terms, beyond the legal terms of the license.

The CE is on a time basis. It must be renewed every year. In particular, it is no longer possible to renew 10.4 CE and it is necessary to "move" to 11.3 CE.

At the end of the annuity, the development environment ceases to operate and can no longer be used, neither for new nor for existing projects.

In general projects developed with 10.4 can be ported to 11.3 without much effort, with the exception of third-party components where without source or developer support it is not possible to use them.

Obviously then it is necessary to check the legal terms of the new 11.3 CE to see if they are compatible with what we do.Insert other media

Bye

There are no major language and RTL differences between Delphi 10.4 and 11. At the same time, the new version is more stable, has better HighDPI support, improved LSP based ErrorInsight...

There is no reason to stay on the old version of Delphi. Only if you have specific requirements that do not allow you to switch to a new one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kryvich said:

There is no reason to stay on the old version of Delphi. Only if you have specific requirements that do not allow you to switch to a new one.

Even that would not magically extend the license. The only option to continue working with 10.4 is buying a full version where the license also covers older versions.

One of the "features" of Delphi is the committment that the company has to backwards compatibility. Meaning, you could probably load up a Delphi 2 database app that uses BDE and have it recompiled and running fairly quickly, assuming it isn't using any 3rd-party components.

I would not worry about anything built in 10.x that didn't work just fine in 10.x+n .

If you had some code built for D6 or D7, then yes, you'd probably run into some problems, but even they wouldn't be very hard to get past -- again, assuming no 3rd-party components are involved.

(I don't think you can load any components into the CE versions, so this shouldn't be a problem. However, I also can't imagine being constrained to work with ONLY the default components -- I had to do it at one place I worked, and it was a horrible PITA.)