Alexander Sviridenkov

Unit dependency viwer

Very nice.

Hope you continue to make it better.

For one I would not need "relaxed search" from the Graph. Like type search 'settings custom'

Would give me all units from the graph that would match those words. Like the Delphi Search for units... (Ctrl + F12).

You can put everything you just remember the unit you are looking for. Because there is huge number of unis in big projects, and finding from the Graph (without filtering)

just my 0.02€...

Very good. Thanks.

-Tee-

Edited by Tommi Prami

A delight to use, and very helpful to see project relationships.  I also like your encouragement of exploration without needing documentation - I found that clicking on things was more than sufficient to reveal more secrets.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tommi Prami said:

Very nice.

Hope you continue to make it better.

For one I would not need "relaxed search" from the Graph. Like type search 'settings custom'

Would give me all units from the graph that would match those words. Like the Delphi Search for units... (Ctrl + F12).

You can put everything you just remember the unit you are looking for. Because there is huge number of unis in big projects, and finding from the Graph (without filtering)

just my 0.02€...

Very good. Thanks.

-Tee-

Thanks, I've added searching by several words and list of first 10 found units.

image.png.cdfdab2a372d4fc0ba027be627d7dbbd.png

• Like 1

Hi! I just downloaded and unpacked the RAR. When I start graph.exe and click on the Project icon I immediately get this:

image.png.350daf149abf55318ed0097039d2c921.png

Any idea how to fix this?

14 minutes ago, uligerhardt said:

Hi! I just downloaded and unpacked the RAR. When I start graph.exe and click on the Project icon I immediately get this:

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for reporting, this error appears when clickng to Create without selected project. Now fixed.

Note that to select project you need to click on folder icon next to Project label

2 minutes ago, Alexander Sviridenkov said:

Thanks for reporting, this error appears when clickng to Create without selected project. Now fixed.

Note that to select project you need to click on folder icon next to Project label

I have the error when clicking on the folder icon without clicking Create. But I'll just try the new version. 🙂

2 minutes ago, uligerhardt said:

I have the error when clicking on the folder icon without clicking Create. But I'll just try the new version. 🙂

Please note it requires one of Delphi XE + versions installed.

38 minutes ago, uligerhardt said:

Still can't load a project:

image.png.ec0e639f6f302688adb90bc2015ec77f.png

I have XE6 and 10.4 installed.

After downloading the "official" version again, loading a DPR worked; creating the graph still doesn't - see PM.

Video looks very promising! I get same or similar error messages as above, so let us know when you publish fix or perhaps change version number in original .rar file, so we know it's newer.

Is it possible to make it work without dependency on Delphi installation? I don't have Delphi development started all the time, while source code is always accessible. 

6 minutes ago, Mike Torrettinni said:

Video looks very promising! I get same or similar error messages as above, so let us know when you publish fix or perhaps change version number in original .rar file, so we know it's newer.

Is it possible to make it work without dependency on Delphi installation? I don't have Delphi development started all the time, while source code is always accessible. 

Please check current build (1.0.0.5 in file version), it shoudl works OK.

It do not require Delphi to be started, just installed (to get Library paths from registry).

2 minutes ago, Alexander Sviridenkov said:

It do not require Delphi to be started, just installed (to get Library paths from registry).

So, this will not work with any projects that we have source code, but was not compiled with for current installed Delphi? Older projects, not migrated projects, open source projects from github that are downloaded but not compiled, yet (so Library path is not updated)... 

9 minutes ago, Alexander Sviridenkov said:

Please check current build (1.0.0.5 in file version), it shoudl works OK

Thanks! Better version, but I still get error on not finding a .pas file and it seems it stops and doesn't show anything. Can you make it skip missing .pas files and make it work with what it can access? Some units only have compiled .dcu accessible, not pas files.

3 minutes ago, Mike Torrettinni said:

Thanks! Better version, but I still get error on not finding a .pas file and it seems it stops and doesn't show anything. Can you make it skip missing .pas files and make it work with what it can access? Some units only have compiled .dcu accessible, not pas files.

It doesn't stop if file is missed. Missed files are listed in scan.log

At least project file and some .pas files should be shown.

4 minutes ago, Mike Torrettinni said:

A filtering option would be nice:  hide/filter out System*, Vcl* dx*... units. Most of the time I don't need to see these dependencies.

Simply click on RTL/VCL/Etc. folder at right and units from disabled folders will not be shown.

• Thanks 1

Can you share what is the plan for this tool/feature?

- Shareware?

- or can users of HTML Component Library access source and implement the view in our projects?

- or integrate into GExperts or MMX?

3 minutes ago, Mike Torrettinni said:

Can you share what is the plan for this tool/feature?

- Shareware?

- or can users of HTML Component Library access source and implement the view in our projects?

- or integrate into GExperts or MMX?

It will be included to HTML Library demos with source code.

• Like 4