Clément

Delphi 12.2 code editor blinks for every key I press

Hi,

Just upgraded to 12.2, and the installation completed without any errors.
All my components are installed, everything is fine.

I opened my latest project, and the code editor blinks for every key I press.

Seems to be relate to an automated syntax check.

Every key I type triggers a syntax checker (that pop's the error in the "Structure" window) blinks the entire code editor. *very* annoying
Hopefully there's a checkbox to disable this. 

Any one experienced this? Is there away to disable it?

9 minutes ago, Clément said:

the code editor blinks for every key I press.

Can you show a small video of that? Based on your description I cannot reproduce that behavior, so I might got it wrong.

25 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Can you show a small video of that? Based on your description I cannot reproduce that behavior, so I might got it wrong.

The tools I have right know didn't manage to capture correctly. I have to use my phone.

https://www.dhs.com.br/downloads/IDE_12_2_Blink.mp4

Even with the phone, it quite don't show how annoying it is.. but every key blinks

3 minutes ago, aehimself said:

@Clément Are you accessing Delphi through MsTSC?

Yes. I've tried Remote Desktop using single monitor and dual monitor ( my usual setup ).
I have not changed anything in my connectivity. I just upgraded from 12.1 to 12.2

Edited by Clément

I'm only asking because the quick peek I took at Delphi 12.2 until now showed the same symptom. And I'm using RDP to access the machine Delphi is installed on, too.

I just accessed the machine without VM and the code editor doesn't blink.
Is there any special new settings for RDP access?

On 9/14/2024 at 6:21 PM, Clément said:

I just accessed the machine without VM and the code editor doesn't blink.
Is there any special new settings for RDP access?

My colleagues and I planned to upgrade from 12.1 to 12.2 next week. Most of the time we access Delphi in the office through VPN and RDP. Most PCs with Delphi 12.1 installed are real, but there are also VMs.
I didn't understand when the problem occurs

21 hours ago, tgbs said:

My colleagues and I planned to upgrade from 12.1 to 12.2 next week. Most of the time we access Delphi in the office through VPN and RDP. Most PCs with Delphi 12.1 installed are real, but there are also VMs.
I didn't understand when the problem occurs

I can access my development machine in three ways.
 1) Physically. I have access to the actual machine. 
 2) Remotely using VPN and RDP. 
 3) In the office, I use a physical machine with 2 VMs. One of those VM I'm using to open a VPN/RDP to access my development machine.

After migrating to 12.2 I noticed some blinking when accessing my machine using the VM (method 3): There was the blinking.
Using method 2  blinking
with method 1 no blinking at all. 

What's happening ( when using method 2 and 3) :

As I type my code, some syntax check takes place. The code editor light ups a few areas of the IDE. For example, Red exclamation dots on the margins, the squirrels lines below invalid code, the structure windows displays the errors. During all that action, the lines in the code editor flashes very fast. And as I type the code to "resolve" the errors, the code editor blinks.

It didn't happened with 12.1. 
I tried a few settings to optimize my RDP connection, but the blinking is still there. The optimization helped reducing a little.

Edited by Clément
  • Thanks 1

sounds like a hardware acceleration issue..can you try disabling it or updating the video drivers?