chkaufmann

SFTP Support

Unfortunately Indy TIdFTP Client does not support SFTP. The discussions about this I found are already some years old. Is there a chance this will be added?

And if not, what is a good alternative? I need something that can be fully integrated in my application so that it works for users who can just enter a servername, username and password.

Christian

Since SFTP is something completely different of ftp, I would not expect TIdFTP to support it.

I have been using SshPascal wrapper around libssh2.dll

Edited by Virgo

On 10/11/2024 at 3:43 PM, corneliusdavid said:

I've been using SecureBridge from Devart for years--works well.

Yes, that seems a good choice, but maybe you can clarify a few questions, which would be important.
In some place they declare something, in other places they stay a little more vage, so it would be great to know if everything is supported as expected.

# Is this product based on or related to Indy, or just cooperates with Indy, or is completely different, standalone and not-compatible?

# Are all platforms natively and fully supported (in other places they descibe this not so clear)?
   As stated here:   https://www.devart.com/sbridge/compatibility.html
   Supported Target Platforms Windows 32-bit and 64-bit macOS 64-bit and ARM (macOS Apple M1) Linux 32-bit (only in Lazarus and Free Pascal) and 64-bit iOS 64-bit iOS Simulator
   ARM 64-bit Android 32-bit and 64-bit

# Are any pre-compiled static or dynamic binary libraries or SDKs needed, are they included or are sources included to compile them externally?
   Or is everything pure pascal source?

# How is SSL ( OpenSSL ) supported, as binary library, or pascal unit?

1 hour ago, Rollo62 said:

Is this product based on or related to Indy, or just cooperates with Indy, or is completely different, standalone and not-compatible?

It works with Indy. In programs I have distributed, I give the user the choice of using FTP or SFTP; the FTP is handled with Indy, SFTP with SecureBridge. You can use it independently but SecureBridge does have an "IOHandler" for providing integration with Indy components, both versions 9 and 10.

2 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

Are all platforms natively and fully supported (in other places they descibe this not so clear)?

I have only used it with Windows so cannot speak from experience but their products and support are good and I would expect they are fully supported.

Are any pre-compiled static or dynamic binary libraries or SDKs needed, are they included or are sources included to compile them externally?

From their help manual:

SecureBridge is an all-sufficient library and it does not require any external files on the target computer.

How is SSL ( OpenSSL ) supported, as binary library, or pascal unit?

From their help manual:

• Full support for the TLS 1.3, 1.2, 1.1, 1.0 protocols without any external units
  • Support for SSL 3.0
  • SSL/TLS advanced configuration options
  • Support for X.509 certificates
  • Complete validation of server certificate chain, including authority and CRL

I do not have to ship OpenSSL libraries or DLLs with programs I distribute. If there's an update to SSL and clients require newer security protocols, I simply update my SecureBridge components, rebuild the project, and send it out. If I build with packages, I need to include one additional BPL, sbridge290.bpl (for Delphi 12).

If you have more detailed questions, they have good support and are happy to answer pre-sales questions. I've been a Devart customer for many years, having used several of their xxxDAC products.

• Like 1