KPB

Installing Community Edition (error 500)

I used the serial key and RAD10.3 setup download link that is provided in email from Embarcardero to install the Community edition,  BUT following error occurred while installing :

Error 500(I have active internet connectivity)

I received reply from support to check in community forums, But unable to get answer for this, pls help and if possible give a link to download .iso of Community edition.

Maybe the server is temporary out. Try later...

As far as I know, it is the keys which determines which Delphi flavor is installed. The media is always the same.

2 minutes ago, FPiette said:

Maybe the server is temporary out. Try later...

As far as I know, it is the keys which determines which Delphi flavor is installed. The media is always the same.

I have been trying several times in this week, But unable to install.

Before this, I used a trial version of RAD10.4 (architect edition), I had received same error, to solve that the support from embarcardero provided me a .iso file, which helped to install it properly.

As it was trial version for 30 days, it is now expired.

I want to learn programming delphi and C in RAD10.x using Community Edition, is any .iso available for CE? so as to download it and use serial key supplied by embarcardero while installing it?

2 minutes ago, Kryvich said:

@KPB You can't install Delphi and C CE editions at the same time.

Ok, Can I install only Delphi CE edition?

How to obtain Delphi-CE in .iso?

or is there a different method of installing it? Pls suggest.

37 minutes ago, KPB said:

Ok, Can I install only Delphi CE edition? 

How to obtain Delphi-CE in .iso?

or is there a different method of installing it? Pls suggest.

I'm not sure for trial version but as I said there is only one media for all version. What you get installed depends only on the keys you have.

So I suggest:

1) If you still have trial installed, got to license manager (in bin directory), remove the trial license and the CE license you've got.

2) If it doesn't work, completely remove the trial version from your computer. That is run uninstall and the remove any folder/file/hidden file with Embarcadero in it's name and remove any registry key having Embarcadero in it's name. Reboot your computer. Then download from the link you received for CE (Hoping it works since you removed from your system everything on your system)

3) If download still doesn't work, try installing with the ISO trial you've got but don't use the trial keys but the CE keys.

Note that I never installed CE so I'm not sure at all.

4 hours ago, KPB said:

I received reply from support to check in community forums

Looks like someone forgot to notify Support that Embarcadero's community forums are now dead. :classic_huh:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I am able to install RAD10.3 CE now and using it. 

Thanks @FPiette @Kryvich @Remy Lebeau

However, I want to test and run existing set of program files (code was written years back).  I need to choose delphi-7 and delphi 2007 in RAD10.3 CE to run the code, pls suggest steps.

What do you mean by "chosing"? It's RAD Studio 10.3. It does not ship with previous compilers and runtime libraries. If your code does not compile anymore, you will have to make it compile again 🤨

Delphi Community Edition (CE) is currently version 10.3.1. You can compile old Delphi code but you MAY encounter issues because strings (Since Delphi 2009, 10 years ago) are unicode strings (16 bits characters) instead of ansi (8 bits characters). Char, PChar and Strings are related to 16 bits characters.

There is no problem with this change as long as strings where used just as string. But if you code use strings as general buffer to contain bytes, then you have to change that.

Delphi CE still support 8 bits characters. The types are AnsiChar, AnsiString, AnsiPChar. Have a look at this : https://www.danysoft.com/estaticos/free/delphi-unicode-migration.pdf

If you have questions, please open a new conversation with a suitable title because this topic has nothing to do with CE nor installing CE.

Thanks, I will open new topic as: 'Modernizing units from Borland pascal (windows 16 bit) to Delphi-XE 10 (Windows 64 bit)'

But help me to choose correct and best suited category to open this topic from options (i)Delphi IDE and API OR (ii)Cross Platform OR (iii)General Help OR something different )?

10 minutes ago, KPB said:

Modernizing units from Borland pascal (windows 16 bit) to Delphi-XE 10 (Windows 64 bit)

This is way to broad! Use different conversation for each topic. And use a specific subject.

Think that those conversation will remains for other to find help. Mixing everything will not help much other peoples, forcing them to read a lot of messages in a given conversation. The best is a lot of SMALL conversations focused on a specific topic. There is no problem if you start 10 conversations for 10 different topics.

For the unicode string issue, I would select https://en.delphipraxis.net/forum/5-rtl-and-delphi-object-pascal/

On 1/13/2021 at 7:01 PM, FPiette said:

This is way to broad! Use different conversation for each topic. And use a specific subject.

Think that those conversation will remains for other to find help. Mixing everything will not help much other peoples, forcing them to read a lot of messages in a given conversation. The best is a lot of SMALL conversations focused on a specific topic. There is no problem if you start 10 conversations for 10 different topics.

For the unicode string issue, I would select https://en.delphipraxis.net/forum/5-rtl-and-delphi-object-pascal/

@FPiette

Thanks for the URL.

new topic created at https://en.delphipraxis.net/topic/4306-cant-resolve-unit-named-windos-and-undeclared-identifier-doserror/

I tried modifying installation to add features I opted out in previous installation, but installer shows -1 bytes

image.thumb.png.8a4ae01ed375c15cd970e7ca3dc22977.png

If I mark a new feature to add, it counts negatively

image.thumb.png.6d7ceddc5df6053f888922e75ca80db4.png

Why is that? I have free space almost 100GB. Something is wrong here.