Davide Angeli

Several F2084 Internal Error on Delphi 10.4.2

10 minutes ago, FreeDelphiPascal said:

We cannot send our 1 million lines of code to Emba.
Maybe Emba should save some kind of crash like (ever heard of MadShi) to disk. They will get more info from there.

Maybe Emba could use remote debugging - I believe anybody with such a problem would allow Emba to do remote debugging on his/her computer.

It is often possible to reduce the problem to a small example - it just that it is sooo much work - and hey, we don't work in EMBT QA.
Edit: ... or do we?

• Confused 1

I could see that I'm not the only one... some one already reported these unresolved annoying problems also on 11.1:

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-37648

as you can read on the report this guy is available to remote debugging to solve the problem (it is not the only one...). I did same last year with 10.4.2 but no one contacts me so after 11.0 and 11.1 we're still here begging for some help.

14 hours ago, Lars Fosdal said:

It is often possible to reduce the problem to a small example - it just that it is sooo much work - and hey, we don't work in EMBT QA.
Edit: ... or do we?

You are completely right. I have done this successfully several times. As you say the problem is finding the time to devote considering that the problem occurs in a completely random way. 

Hi, I had this problem "Internal Error" error code
The problem was solved by emptying Ram Storage
I solved this problem in general by turning off Windows Antivirus itself
Turn off all your antivirus items
Of course I use Windows 10 and 11

Edited by mohammadkhadem

23 hours ago, ULIK said:

Davide,

it's just a vague guess: you use a dark color scheme on IDE. Do you see the same problems also when using the light default scheme?

image.thumb.png.d3d5ee72f6bdf7dbce1f359302bc540c.png

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2022 at 1:25 PM, mohammadkhadem said:

The problem was solved by emptying Ram Storage
I solved this problem in general by turning off Windows Antivirus itself

I think this is just a wild guess.

I really doubt the compiler has anything to do with the antivirus.
Plus, at home I have no antivirus and I still see the problem, but not that often as I see it at my workplace. Maybe also because at home, my projects are only 30% in size compared with we have at the workplace.

The OS version seems ALSO to be irrelevant. It manifests on Win7 and Win10.

_________

For the moment, my workplace switched back to a much older version of Delphi. I don't even know why they keep paying the subscription.
SOON they will need the managed records! Let's see what happens then...

Anyway, my boss will never send the 1 mill lines of code to Emba. And I do understand him....
As I said previously, in cases like this, Emba could easily find more info about this bug by keeping some disk log-files (instead of asking our code).

Edited by FreeDelphiPascal

Hmm... I came here looking for a solution, or confirmation that this was fixed in Delphi 11, but see that not only does it look like it continues, upgrading to Delphi 11 may actually create more instability issues.

The new features they promote are nice, but what's more critical than new features for us is stability. I'm willing to miss out on features to stay on a more stable version.

I miss the days of Delphi 7. What a fast and stable IDE that was! Add coderush to it, and it was my most enjoyable days of using Delphi. i still have an old project I maintain in Delphi 7 and have to go to it once a year or so, and everytime I go back to it I sigh and wish the more modern versions could be like it. These days it feels like I fight with Delphi more than enjoy it.

As with any software without a reliable method to reproduce a bug it can be very hard to fix it. Some organizations severely limit how much effort can be put into non-reproducible bugs as they can consume large amounts of time and effort for little to no gain. It is frustrating for both users and developers but acting out on that frustration doesn't really help any. For F2084 Internal Error errors which are often due to the compiler having problems with some source code it is very hard to find the bug and create a way to reproduce it without access to some source that triggers it. Again frustrating for both - it is hard for developers to do much with "compiler chokes on my source" when they can't take a look at the source - but also for the user who has work interrupted when the hit the bug. 

At least when there is a way to reproduce a problem Embarcadero does work on fixing them. An example was for years I occasionally got a dangling scrollbar in the IDE but never reported it since I was not able to find a reliable way to reproduce it. A while back somebody did report it and after reading some comments others made I finally managed to reliably reproduce the issue and put it in a comment on the bug report. It was fixed in the next release. ([RSP-34111] Editor leaves dangling vertical scrollbar behind - Embarcadero Technologies).

• Like 2

I've installed 11.2 quite a few days ago upgraded from 11.1 (smooth upgrade without problems with web installer).

Til now I have only recompiled/updated some of third party libriaries and do a little stuff for a couple of half days on the future release of my main app (in this moment I'm working heavily on the older project still on 10.4.2). 

Til now I worked without IDE crashes and this is good news for me! On same project on 10.4.2 (but also with 11.0 and 11.1) the IDE crashes all time with various internal errors)! I'll stress the new IDE in the next days but in my way of use it seems definitly more stable.

Edited by Davide Angeli
  • Like 3