ahmed.atayib

Konopka VCL Controls not included in GetIt in delphi community latest edition

Hello,

i installed the latest delphi community edition (delphi 10.4) ,  i can not installed Konopka VCL Controls because it is not appear in GetIt.

any Help

Edited by ahmed.atayib

45 minutes ago, David Schwartz said:

Feeling like you're getting a free sports car where all of the windows are optional, eh?

Using your metaphor they're only optional if you buy the sports car. 😜

On 8/27/2021 at 10:52 PM, angusj said:

Using your metaphor they're only optional if you buy the sports car. 😜

No, they're NOT included on the FREE sports car. They are OPTIONAL.

If you BUY the car, they're INCLUDED.

Free car => optional windows; buy the car => windows included

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The false part of this car analogy is that the car is not FREE, you are only allowed to drive it for one year without paying for it. At the end even that analogy is false right from the beginning as it is rather difficult to find someone letting you drive its car for free - at least not for one year. It would also be a bit tricky to get some extras installed to that car - all for free.

All this confirms my conviction that any car analogy used for software issues can only be fundamentally flawed.

15 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

The false part of this car analogy is that the car is not FREE, you are only allowed to drive it for one year without paying for it. At the end even that analogy is false right from the beginning as it is rather difficult to find someone letting you drive its car for free - at least not for one year. It would also be a bit tricky to get some extras installed to that car - all for free.

All this confirms my conviction that any car analogy used for software issues can only be fundamentally flawed.

well, if you're going to cite expectations and "likely" barriers as blocking your path in one, then consider the other: in what world is a computer that runs Delphi going to be "free"? Or the internet? What about the source of electricty needed to run them? The building you're likely working in? (Or vehicle?) It certainly wasn't developed for free! It wouldn't exist if millions of dollars had not already been spent on it. 

The POINT is ... for MOST of its life, Delphi never had anything more than a "trial period" of 30 or 60 days. Now the company offers a full-blown unrestricted copy of the platform that can be used in situations where a few "limitations" aren't actual "limitations" for all practical purposes.

Some of those "limitations" do involve certain non-essential libraries and other things that may be "nice to have" but are not essential.

You do still need a pretty beefy computer running Windows 7 or newer to run Delphi, as well as an internet connection and other things to make it useful for more than 15-30 minutes or so, but the vendor is under no obligation to provide any of those at all.

Never mind that Delphi is pretty much an anachronism in most ways -- just about the only commercial compiler left on the market; the only fully proprietary compiler on the market; perhaps the biggest piece of commercial software made in America that has more foreign users than domestic users; the language (pascal) is no longer taught in most schools; there are probably more COBOL programmers on the market than Delphi programmers; and so on.

If I had 10 years or more left in my professional career, I'd have changed horses a while back. But I just turned 65 and have started to collect Social Security, so now I get to play with my toys and have fun doing whatever I want instead of what somebody else wants me to do. 🙂🙂 

I might downgrade to the "free" version, but I hope to make money down the line. Then again I might just stick with TMS and their WebCore for VSC, since the future is mostly connected to the web somehow. (The cost to renew my All-Access pass is less than have of what it costs me to renew Delphi, and VSC is totally free as well, so I'm not really losing much.)