PeterPanettone

r3588 and Alexandria

Tried to install r3588 in Alexandria:

Executed \gexperts-code-r3588-trunk\Projects\DelphiXx110Alexandria\__Build_Project.cmd:

The system cannot find the batch label specified - DelphiXx110Alexandria
DelphiPath: ""
*** Error: Directory "" does not exist. Variable DelphiPath in C:\COMP\_Addons\GExperts\GExperts_Sourcecode\gexperts-code-r3588-trunk\BuildTools\doGetDelphiPath.cmd ***
Press any key to continue . . .
The system cannot find the path specified.
'msbuild' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
done building GExpertsRS110.dproj
Press any key to continue . . .

Yes, I know. I downloaded Delphi 11 yesterday late in the evening and installed it. Then I spent about half an hour creating the GExperts project for it and adapting some include files, but never finished it. Today won't fare any better. Maybe on the weekend.

1 hour ago, dummzeuch said:

Yes, I know. I downloaded Delphi 11 yesterday late in the evening and installed it. Then I spent about half an hour creating the GExperts project for it and adapting some include files, but never finished it. Today won't fare any better. Maybe on the weekend.

I ran across the same problem the OP did.  Many thanks for working on this! 

Thomas, many thanks for your valuable work! If I ever get any money out of my business I will donate it to you!

Appreciate the work too.

I've been trying to modify the source myself to get it compiled on Alexandria, and making some progress, but I've hid a brick wall in the GX_OtaUtils unit. Telling me there are function declarations that don't agree with each other and I cannot find where the multiple declarations are (e.g. GxOtaGetEditorLine) for the life of me.

I just can't use Delphi without GExperts. It's too painful  when I've been used to it for years. Until GExperts is working, D11 will have to wait...

The sources compile now.

I can confirm this for r3589:

image.png.1b5ad8e5d3071d2bb3e9b55d995b795d.png

But how to install \Binaries\GExpertsRS110.dll?

\BuildInstall\GExperts.iss has not yet been updated to Alexandria 

In \BuildInstall\MakeInstallers.cmd I have updated the ISCC.exe path to my existing path:

set iscc="C:\Program Files (x86)\Inno Setup 6\ISCC.exe"

...and then executed MakeInstallers.cmd (with no apparent errors). However, the directory \BuildInstall\Output remains empty!

In GExperts.iss I have added the Alexandria compiler definition:

#ifdef RS110
  #define IDEShortName "RADStudio"
  #define IDELongName  "RAD Studio"
  #define IDEVer       "11.0"
  #define DLLSuffix    "RS110"
  #define IDERegName   "BDS"
  #define IDERegVer    "22"   
#endif

Is this correct?

If you update your sources, you will now find a Register-GExperts-XX110.cmd script in .\binaries which will register the DLL with the IDE. All other required files are already in .\binaries so it should work.

Register-GExperts-XX110.cmd script in .\binaries which will register the DLL with the IDE.

That works:

image.png.76f95aa480856df5eb4b92212e4c0487.png

image.thumb.png.7125ec0fd0aac959acca52ff7dc472a0.png

Please also add an UNREGISTER script. Thank you!

Edited by PeterPanettone

47 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

Installer files are now also updated.

After executing MakeInstallers.cmd, the \BuildInstall\Output directory is still empty!

(Of course, I have updated the ISCC path in MakeInstallers.cmd to my existing one)

Edited by PeterPanettone

3 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

Please also add an UNREGISTER script. Thank you!

You can uninstall GExperts from within the IDE using the Experts Manager expert.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

After executing MakeInstallers.cmd, the \BuildInstall\Output directory is still empty!

(Of course, I have updated the ISCC path in MakeInstallers.cmd to my existing one)

This works only, if you have Inno Setup installed. The installer for the Inno Setup version I use (which is still compatible with Windows XP) is in the directory .\BuildInstall\InnoSetup_5.6.1

3 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

This works only, if you have Inno Setup installed.

As I wrote:

Of course, I have updated the ISCC path in MakeInstallers.cmd to my existing one

My Inno Setup path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Inno Setup 6\ISCC.exe

So the path assignment in MakeInstallers.cmd is:

set iscc="C:\Program Files (x86)\Inno Setup 6\ISCC.exe"

15 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

Care share your modifications, so I don't have to do them myself?

Sorry.. I've only seen this just now. I assume you've made the changes?

Purely FYI.  Attempting to build rev 3598 this morning for D2007, D10.4.2 & D11 gives the following..

"D:\GExperts\source\framework\GX_BaseForm.pas(50): error E2003: Undeclared identifier: 'TemporarilyDisableHighDpi' [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx110Alexandria\GExpertsRS110.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\framework\GX_About.pas(255): error F2063: Could not compile used unit 'GX_BaseForm.pas' [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx110Alexandria\GExpertsRS110.dproj]
Done Building Project "D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx110Alexandria\GExpertsRS110.dproj" (rebuild target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx110Alexandria\GExpertsRS110.dproj" (rebuild target) (1) ->
(_PasCoreCompile target) ->
  D:\GExperts\source\framework\GX_BaseForm.pas(50): error E2003: Undeclared identifier: 'TemporarilyDisableHighDpi' [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx110Alexandria\GExpertsRS110.dproj]
  D:\GExperts\source\framework\GX_About.pas(255): error F2063: Could not compile used unit 'GX_BaseForm.pas' [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx110Alexandria\GExpertsRS110.dproj]

0 Warning(s)
    2 Error(s)"

Of course, Delphi references depend on the Delphi version.

On a Win 11 PC.

Regards,

Ian

Edited by Ian Branch

10 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

Sorry.. I've only seen this just now. I assume you've made the changes?

Depends on what you changed. If it was only to get it to compile, then yes, I made the changes. Did you change anything else?

9 hours ago, Ian Branch said:

Purely FYI.  Attempting to build rev 3598 this morning for D2007, D10.4.2 & D11 gives the following..

E2003: Undeclared identifier: 'TemporarilyDisableHighDpi'

Sorry, I missed one unit in the last commit. It should work now.