PeterPanettone

wuppdi Welcome Page for Delphi 11 Alexandria?

On 9/23/2023 at 12:42 AM, Ian Branch said:

Will you be doing one for D12??

Yes of course 🙂

• Like 1

New Release Built 23 for Delphi 12 Athens

https://dwp.gksoft.ch

Hope the homepage shows correctly, i allways has problems when i update it.

I just compiled the Plugin, i did some test with the beta, but i don't expect any problems. Otherwise when somebody has problems wir D12, please report to me her at this thread. Thanks

Is the source code of the Delphi 12 BPL available? I would like to provide my own custom content.

Edited by PeterPanettone

2 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

What is the added value of this plugin?

image.thumb.png.bee87f1725e2199e724f768a067aecdd.png

Under the Favorites Items you can ann some subitems with the + Button

image.thumb.png.0061a2f302d4ab4f55b437be28a15183.png

After creating subitems, you can click on them an add your prject on the right side as may you like. The added value of this plugin are, you can manage your projects where you working in a other way then delphi does. Also you can backup an restore this settings.

Follow a small example how it could look likes.

image.thumb.png.2a191324f3a31bbcfef968938cc0db3b.png

1 hour ago, PeterPanettone said:

Is the source code of the Delphi 12 BPL available? I would like to provide my own custom content.

The source code is unfortunately not public, but since D11.3 there are three demo projects that show how to create a WP plugin.

2 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

In older Delphi versions, there was once the possibility to arrange your projects in a similar way as in the WP plugin

3 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

image.thumb.png.bee87f1725e2199e724f768a067aecdd.png

It offers a different way to manage your projects over what Embarcadero has.  For example, I have over a dozen versions of the same few projects, all are the same project names stored in separate version specific directories.  With this plugin I can create branches in the favorites for each version and group like projects for the same version together.  This makes opening a specific version very simple, unlike the default favorite "hearts" which are only sorted by most recently opened, so separate versions of the projects get shuffled and to find a specific one is time consuming.

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2023 at 3:06 PM, gkobler said:

New Release Built 24 for Delphi 11.3 and 12.

https://dwp.gksoft.ch

Download links give "404 Not Found"

Now, suddenly, they work...

Edited by HeartWare
  • Like 1

I find a problem with newest version of your plugin, Delphi 12 and newest TMS VCL UI Pack 13.0.5.0

I have a demo project with 3 TMS components and when i want to copy this components, Delphi occurs a exception.

When i want to close the unit, Delphi occurs a exception.

This happens only with forms which have a AdvOfficePager component.

When i deinstall your plugin, it don't occurs.

When i install it again, it occurs.

I already send stacktrace to TMS, they say that problem don't happen without your plugin, so it is the problem of TMS.

They can investigate time but i have to pay.

Can you take a look, if you can find something with TMS components (maybe try the demo) or if you can find something in your plugin?

If you need more informations, let me know

StackTrace.txt

Hello @AJ_Oldendorf

will investigate the case. I have TMS-All-Access. But the next two weeks i‘m not in the office. 

And i think this case could be complicated, we will see

11 hours ago, gkobler said:

Hello @AJ_Oldendorf

will investigate the case. I have TMS-All-Access. But the next two weeks i‘m not in the office. 

And i think this case could be complicated, we will see

@gkobler

Sounds good, many thanks. When you have TMS components, i attach a demo project where you can see the problem very easy. If you need further informations, let me know.

2024.01.10-06_45_14-001.png

AdvPager-Bug-D12.zip

Hello @AJ_Oldendorf

I have open your demo, but can reproduce the case. 😞 When i click to the described area, it selects PageControl1, right?, After Ctrl-C nothing happens, also when i close the form.

Maybe something different to TMS components or Delphi adjustments?

I use this TMS version:

TMS VCL UI Pack 13.0.5.0

Delphi application i start with -np Delphi parameter

Delphi Welcome Page a modify layout that all other things are closed (get it, learning, last projects etc)

Only your welcome page should shown.

If it is helpful, we can contact directly together to analyze more difference.

I test it with a clean installed delphi 12 from iso file

Yes, it is right. Select Pager and press Ctrl+C, than i got the exception from Delphi with attached stack trace

Edited by AJ_Oldendorf

5 hours ago, AJ_Oldendorf said:

I use this TMS version:

TMS VCL UI Pack 13.0.5.0 

Use the same version.

At the moment I can't even imagine what could trigger such an exception in my plugin in connection with TMS.

I tested it with a clean Delphi installation and only installed TMS VCL UI Pack 13.0.5.0. Then the welcome page and with that I was able to generate the error immediately. If I remove the welcome page again, the error does not occur with TMS. TMS itself says that you can investigate this for a fee, as the error does not occur if no "third-party components"/"third-party plugins" are installed. Is it possible that TMS and you use a same ressource or something?

I'm confused and don't understand, what the plugin do that TMS will raise a exception.

Maybe @gkobler and me will find time, to investigate more in this to find the problem.

For now, without plugin it works for me but default welcome page is not really useable :-(

Thank you for this plugin @gkobler.

(The Download link is 404 on the English version of the website.)

Could you move the icons to resources or over-load them from files if they exist?

Or just provide a setting to turn them off?

On the occasion, of course.

On 1/11/2024 at 10:26 AM, AJ_Oldendorf said:

Can you take a look, if you can find something with TMS components (maybe try the demo) or if you can find something in your plugin?

If you need more informations, let me know

StackTrace.txt

I did not find any info at the stacktrace that the WP-Plugin made the error. There is no entry of my WP-Plugin.

But try to compile and install the follow demo, and look if the same exceptions are happend

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\23.0\Samples\Object Pascal\VCL\VCL WelcomePage\ToolsAPI.WelcomePage Basic PlugIn

This demo are the basis of my WP-Plugin