TimCruise

Your Delphi verion does not support COMMAND

Hello,

When I install python4delphi by running MultiInstaller.exe, it shows error like "Your Delphi version does not support COMMAND".

What should I do to correct it?  :classic_huh:

My version is Delphi Community v10.4.2.  Thanks for your attention.

And which python version does it support?

Edited by TimCruise

Delphi 10.3 Community Edition

$ dcc32 --version
dcc (Embarcadero Delphi for Windows) 33.0
Embarcadero Delphi for Win32 compiler version 33.0
Copyright (c) 1983,2018 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.

$ dcc64 --version
dcc (Embarcadero Delphi for Windows) 33.0
Embarcadero Delphi for Win64 compiler version 33.0
Copyright (c) 1983,2018 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.

10.4.2 community edition does not have the command line compiler (10.3 did) - a stupid decision by embarcadero imho, it makes the community edition pretty useless. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Parrett said:

10.4.2 community edition does not have the command line compiler (10.3 did)

I did not know. Doesn't work even using msbuild? Even just for win32?

Edited by vfbb

One of the embardero consultants informed me here that neither the Comunity Edition nor the Professional version has the compilation via command line. He even said he's not sure, but he doesn't think even the trial version has it.

This is definitely too bad.

Edited by vfbb

49 minutes ago, vfbb said:

One of the embardero consultants informed me here that neither the Comunity Edition nor the Professional version has the compilation via command line. He even said he's not sure, but he doesn't think even the trial version has it.

This is definitely too bad.

Pretty sure the Pro version has the command line compiler - if it didn't that would be the end of my delphi journey for sure. As a tech partner I have enterprise installed, but my subscription is for pro (I never use the enterprise features). 

• Like 3

Ok, then,

I installed Python4Delphi manually without choosing the auto compilation option.

Then, I opened the target project group, chose the module with a bar on it and then secondary clicked on it trying to show its menu but the whole delphi window hung up.  I had to kill it from within the Task Manager.

How do I correct it?  :classic_huh:

I already have a WinPython 3.8 installed and registered on my Windows 10.  :classic_huh:

p4dhung.thumb.png.c293a7e3c1daef4c3dbb23fbad24235b.png

Fix: I think he meant below Professional (Starter, Community and Trial).
I looked at each Feature Matrix of the RAD Studio versions and questioned him, the compilation via command line feature varies a lot from version to version including from update to update. Some in the Starter edition only have the command line for Win32, others not even for Win32.

image.thumb.png.ade3956be50c9c7a72a680ee7a09f190.png

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 4:00 PM, TimCruise said:

Ok, then,

I installed Python4Delphi manually without choosing the auto compilation option.

Then, I opened the target project group, chose the module with a bar on it and then secondary clicked on it trying to show its menu but the whole delphi window hung up.  I had to kill it from within the Task Manager.

How do I correct it?  :classic_huh:

I already have a WinPython 3.8 installed and registered on my Windows 10.  :classic_huh:

p4dhung.thumb.png.c293a7e3c1daef4c3dbb23fbad24235b.png

Who can help to correct this?  :classic_huh:

This is probably the result of an unstable Delphi installation.  There are no similar issue reports in the P4D issue tracker.  What happens if you open the packages one by one instead of opening the project group?

On 12/30/2021 at 8:57 AM, pyscripter said:

This is probably the result of an unstable Delphi installation.  There are no similar issue reports in the P4D issue tracker.  What happens if you open the packages one by one instead of opening the project group?

Hello,

I tested them and just the same situation - freeze up the whole Delphi software.  :classic_huh:

4 hours ago, TimCruise said:

I tested them and just the same situation - freeze up the whole Delphi software.

Do you mean that if you open just one package in Delphi it causes Delphi to freeze?   Is it a specific package or any of the packages?

Can you reproduce it with a different Delphi installation (possibly in a different computer)?

• Sad 1

I have the same problem with Delphi 11 Professional Edition. All of my updates are installed. After, opening component suite to install packages,  every time when I right click on a project in the project manager to build or to install package, Delphi IDE is frozen. I have to kill Delphi process from Task Manager. But I am able to build all projects using Project menu. I  installed components using Install Component menu item and adding design time packages. However, unfortunately, when I open a demo project, during opening pas file Delphi IDE freezes.