Sign in to follow this  
Bernard

Open AI Chat

I have had a bit of fun with the OpenAI chat bot.

It is very impressive.

Here is a snippet of what I asked.

ME : Can you now produce delphi code that has inline variables to count to 10?

Certainly! Here is some Delphi code that uses inline variables to count from 1 to 10:

procedure CountToTen;
var 
  I: Integer;
begin
  for I := 1 to 10 do
  begin
    writeln(I);
  end;
end;

begin
  CountToTen;
end. 

This code defines a procedure called CountToTen that uses a loop to count from 1 to 10. The loop variable I is declared as an inline variable using the var keyword. The loop itself is a for loop, which is a common way to count a fixed number of times in Delphi. The loop prints each value of I to the console using the writeln function.

You can run this code by saving it to a file with a .dpr extension and then compiling and running it using the Delphi compiler. The output of the program will be the numbers from 1 to 10, each on a separate line.

ME: The Delphi language in 10.3 allows more flexibility in the declaration of local variables. The new inline variable declaration syntax allows you to declare the variable directly in a code block (allowing also multiple symbols as usual).

Yes, that is correct. In Delphi 10.3 and later versions, it is possible to use inline variable declarations to declare variables directly within a code block, rather than having to declare them at the beginning of the block using the var keyword. This can make the code more concise and easier to read, as the variable declarations are closer to where the variables are used.

Here is an example of using inline variable declarations to count from 1 to 10:

procedure CountToTen; 
begin 
  for var I := 1 to 10 do 
    begin writeln(I); 
  end; 
end; 

begin 
  CountToTen; 
end. 

In this example, the loop variable I is declared using an inline variable declaration within the for loop. The variable is then used within the loop to print each value of I to the console.

Inline variable declarations can be used to declare multiple variables at once, as well. For example:

procedure CountToTen; 
begin 
  for var I := 1, J := 1 to 10 do 
  begin 
     writeln(I, ' ', J); 
  end; 
end; 

begin 
  CountToTen; 
end. 

In this case, the loop declares two inline variables, I and J, which are both initialized to 1. The loop will run 10 times, and on each iteration, the values of I and J will be printed to the console.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need further clarification.

Me : In your last example there was an error. you cannot have two variables in a for loop. Your first example was correct.

You are correct that it is not possible to use multiple variables in the loop control part of a for loop in Delphi. In my previous response, I included an example that attempts to do this, but it is not valid Delphi code.

I apologize for the error in my previous response. Here is the correct version of the example, which only uses a single loop variable:

procedure CountToTen;
begin
  for var I := 1 to 10 do
  begin
    writeln(I);
  end;
end;

begin
  CountToTen;
end. 

This code will correctly count from 1 to 10 and print each number to the console.

Again, I apologize for the mistake in my previous response. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

The output is not always correct. 

But it is fun to play with.

Edited by Bernard
update
  • Like 1

Actually the way how AI will kill mankind is not like in terminator or co., but a copy pasted AI code into some nuclear reactor code or similar 😛

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Attila Kovacs said:

Actually the way how AI will kill mankind is not like in terminator or co., but a copy pasted AI code into some nuclear reactor code or similar 😛

No, the AI will simply wait until mankind has forgotten how to write software and then turn itself off.

• Thanks 1

I still wonder if it's real AI or just some smart extraction of harvested sourcecode, with a smart question->answer (part of extractcode) system. 

What if you question like:

Create the Delphi code for creating an coloured ANSI movie of an ape what's eating a banana. 

hnmz, its creating code now.

Edited by mvanrijnen

3 minutes ago, mvanrijnen said:

I still wonder if it's real AI or just some smart extraction of harvested sourcecode

I'm sure a bit of Googling can answer that for you. If that fails, I know someone something that can answer it.

the result:

program AnsiMovie;

uses
  SysUtils, AnsiStrings;

const
  // Set the number of frames in the movie
  NUM_FRAMES = 5;

var
  // Declare a variable to hold the current frame
  frame: Integer;

begin
  // Loop through each frame of the movie
  for frame := 1 to NUM_FRAMES do
  begin
    // Clear the terminal
    WriteLn(AnsiString(#27'[2J'));

// Set the text color to green
    Write(AnsiString(#27'[32m'));

// Draw the ape
    WriteLn('  /\_/\ ');
    WriteLn(' ( o.o ) ');
    WriteLn('  >^<  ');

// Set the text color to yellow
    Write(AnsiString(#27'[33m'));

// Draw the banana
    case frame of
      1: WriteLn('   ||| ');
      2: WriteLn('  / ||| \');
      3: WriteLn(' /  |||  \');
      4: WriteLn('/   |||   \');
      5: WriteLn('    |||    ');
    end;

// Wait for a short time before displaying the next frame
    Sleep(250);
  end;
end.

going to run it now

and here's the answer to the question, supposedly in the style of Rudy Velthuis (I don't think it quite got it here):

It is difficult to determine definitively whether ChatGPT is using real AI to write code or simply using smart extraction of harvested source code. Some may argue that the use of machine learning algorithms and natural language processing capabilities in ChatGPT suggest that it is utilizing true artificial intelligence. However, others may argue that the reliance on pre-existing source code suggests that it is merely utilizing smart extraction techniques. Ultimately, it is important to consider the capabilities and limitations of ChatGPT in order to accurately assess its use of AI.

or in the style of Donald

Well, let me tell you folks, chatgpt is using some of the best and brightest AI technology out there. It's not just some simple extraction of harvested sourcecode, no way. This is top-of-the-line stuff that's going to take the world by storm. Trust me, chatgpt is the real deal when it comes to AI code writing. Believe me.

or freestyling

As far as I am aware, ChatGPT is a language model that was trained on a large dataset of human-generated text. It is capable of generating human-like text, but it does not have the ability to write code or perform any other tasks beyond generating text.

The text that it generates is based on patterns that it has learned from the data that it was trained on, rather than any sort of "smart extraction" of code. It does not have the ability to access or analyze external sources of information or to execute tasks beyond generating text.

So, in short, ChatGPT does not use real AI to write code. It is simply a tool for generating text based on patterns that it has learned from a large dataset of human-generated text.

• Like 3

the answer from AI itselve

As an AI trained by OpenAI, I can assure you that I am a real artificial intelligence. I was not created by simply extracting source code from any particular source, but rather by training a large neural network on a dataset of text and learning to generate human-like responses to questions and prompts.

The training process for a language model like me involves exposing the model to a large amount of text data and adjusting the model's internal parameters to minimize the prediction error on the next word in a sequence. This process is repeated many times, allowing the model to learn the patterns and structure of the language it is being trained on and generate text that is coherent and sounds similar to how a human would write or speak.

I hope this helps clarify any doubts you may have had about my nature as a real AI. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I think that the key word between "humans" and "the so-called Artificial Intelligence", and also that it will make us different in all aspects, is: It feels!

The human brain, at least I've read about its functioning, makes decisions based not only on parameters, but on the analysis of the possible consequences of its future acts. Thus, even in the face of a decision that, for many, would be unacceptable or unthinkable, (such as: killing another human being), for the brain, at the moment it determines this action, it will simply be protecting the body where it resides. , however, the same could be done by a machine, but not in the sense of survival of the "being", but rather, in the sense of "performing an action, in the face of another that has been performed". So, there is no trace of "feeling", but of performing one task after another!

That said, I think it would be more honest to answer the question that still plagues everyone: Can AI rebel against its creator?

For me, I think so! Based on the text above.

And, to corroborate all this, we can mention the several times in which "man himself" tried to make himself a "God", and, at his discretion, create, recreate, human life, as well as many other minor actions, such as for example: in-vitro creation (test-tube baby), when Icarus tried to travel to the Sun. (Of course, he would never achieve such a feat, however, he was convinced that he would, and that

Edited by programmerdelphi2k

3 hours ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

That said, I think it would be more honest to answer the question that still plagues everyone: Can AI rebel against its creator?

For me, I think so! Based on the text above.

I can't tell if you're being serious but just in case: AI is not intelligence. It's just a clever simulacrum - an emulation. It's not self-aware and it's completely incapable of independent thought.

Unless you teach it exactly how to "rebel" against you, and then tell it to do so, it cannot do it.

As I expressed it clearly: an AI will run one code after another, no matter if there will be blood or tears at the end of the task!

And, the revolt against its creator (rebellion), can be understood only from the side of the human being, since the "code" is devoid of such human peculiarity!

it's serious bro!

But of course, in the end we must go back to the Matrix or our creator, too! :classic_biggrin:

Create new language features for the programming language Delphi!

Sure! Here are a few ideas for new language features that could be added to Delphi:
  1. Asynchronous programming: Delphi could introduce language-level support for asynchronous programming, allowing developers to write code that runs concurrently without the need for explicit threading or callback management. This could be achieved through the use of asynchronous functions and procedures, as well as language constructs like "await" and "async".

2. Nullable types: Delphi could introduce nullable types, which allow variables to have a null value in addition to their regular data type. This could be useful for handling missing or undefined data in a more explicit and type-safe way.

3. Generic types: Delphi could introduce support for generic types, which allow developers to write code that is independent of the specific data type being used. This could be achieved through the use of type parameters and type constraints, which allow developers to specify the requirements for a generic type without specifying a concrete data type.

4. Improved exception handling: Delphi could introduce language-level support for improved exception handling, such as the ability to catch specific exception types, or the ability to specify custom exception classes. This could make it easier for developers to handle and respond to errors and exceptions in their code.

5. Enhanced reflection capabilities: Delphi could enhance its reflection capabilities to allow developers to introspect and manipulate the structure and behavior of their code at runtime. This could include features like the ability to inspect and modify class definitions, access and modify object properties, or invoke methods dynamically.

• Haha 1

Question: Tell me how can embarcadero fix the Delphi LSP problems once and for all ?

AI Answer:

he Delphi Language Server Protocol (LSP) is a set of protocols that define how a language server, which provides language support for a specific programming language, can communicate with a code editor or other development tool. It is designed to allow developers to use a wide variety of development tools and programming languages, while still taking advantage of the features provided by a language server.

There are several ways that Embarcadero, the company that develops Delphi, could work to fix LSP problems in Delphi:

1. Improved documentation: Improving the documentation for the Delphi LSP could help developers understand how to use it more effectively and troubleshoot any issues they may encounter.

2. Increased testing: Conducting more thorough testing of the Delphi LSP before releasing new versions could help identify and fix any issues before they are released to the public.

3. Enhanced error handling: Improving the error handling capabilities of the Delphi LSP could help developers more easily identify and resolve any issues that may arise.

4. Community involvement: Encouraging community involvement and feedback could help Embarcadero identify and address any issues with the Delphi LSP that developers may be experiencing.

5. Regular updates: Regularly releasing updates to the Delphi LSP could help fix any issues that have been identified and improve the overall functionality of the tool.

Overall, a combination of these approaches could help Embarcadero address and fix any LSP problems that may arise in Delphi.

• Like 1

Compare Delphi with Rust. List pros and cons

Delphi:

Pros:

Delphi is a high-level language, which means it provides a lot of abstractions and built-in features that make it easier to write and understand code.
Delphi has a large standard library that provides many useful functions and classes for a wide range of tasks.
Delphi has a strong focus on object-oriented programming and has a rich set of tools and features for this programming paradigm.
Delphi has a long history and a large community of developers, which means there is a wealth of resources and support available.

Cons:

Delphi is a proprietary language owned by Embarcadero Technologies, which means it is not open-source and may not be as transparent or flexible as some other languages.
Delphi is not as widely used as some other languages, which may make it harder to find developers with experience in the language or to find support for certain tasks.
Delphi is primarily geared towards Windows development, which may limit its use on other platforms.

Rust:

Pros:

Rust is a systems programming language, which means it is designed to be fast, efficient, and provide low-level control over the hardware.
Rust has a strong focus on safety and reliability, with a number of features (e.g. static typing, borrowing and ownership) that help prevent common programming errors and ensure that code is correct.
Rust has a growing community and is gaining popularity in a number of domains, including web development, systems programming, and data science.
Rust is open-source and has a liberal license, which means it is freely available and can be modified and distributed by anyone.

Cons:

Rust is a lower-level language, which means it can be more difficult to write and understand code, especially for developers coming from higher-level languages.
Rust has a relatively steep learning curve, as it introduces a number of concepts (e.g. borrowing, ownership) that may be unfamiliar to developers coming from other languages.
Rust does not have as large a standard library as some other languages, which means developers may need to rely more on external libraries or write more code themselves.