rudy999

Delphi (11.2) IDE stops after "All design time packages loaded", but works in admin mode

Delphi was behaving fine in regards to startup until recently, when the IDE 'freezes' upon startup, after

loading all design time packages. The splash screen shows the added component packages loading, and then

nothing.

If I set BDS.exe to run as admin it opens as before.  There must be(maybe?) a file somewhere that a security

setting has changed (maybe I did without knowing in a previous IDE session).

I have re-installed some of the components, with no change.

I do not plan to re install Delphi - I will wait for 11.3...

Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated.

Thanks for some information - more information on my situation - If I login as another user and start Delphi 'normally' it is ok...

user registry...

rgds

Try to export the settings using the Migration Tool from the user account that Delphi runs OK and import them to the other account.

as the problem can be a "user" in question, then, I'll try the following:

• uninstall completly the RAD
  • detele all REGISTRY keys about Embarcadero (HCU, HLM)
  • delete all files/folders residual (including on c:\ProgramData -> 3 folders GUID-names) and c:\users\...Local/Roamming Embarcadero)
  • restart MSWindows and re-install it again!

More Info

1. I identified the VCL component install that is involved in the IDE freeze on start up.

--I did an uninstall (complete as far as I know) of 11.3 and re-installed Delphi.

I then started to re-install the 3rd party components.

The issue is involved with the installation of the NexusDB component (4.700 or 4.701 - I did not try to install earlier vns)

There is the Design time BPL that if 'checked' in the component palette will cause the freeze upon start up,

or if removed and the IDE is started in non-admin ok and that BPL is added - the IDE is ok until I try to close and the the

IDE freezes.!!

2. I have another PC for test installs of software and Delphi 11.3 and the Nexus component works just fine in non-admin mode.

???

regards all

Is there a Nexus db connected component in one of the apps of yours, which is active at design-time, but which db cannot be reached from your PC?

" Is there a Nexus db connected component in one of the apps of yours, which is active at design-time, but which db cannot be reached from your PC? " < The issue should not be with an app since no project is loaded on start up.

If the IDE is running the nexus components are not design-time active.

This is strange indeed.

-I have another PC where I run new releases of Delphi as a test before going to my dev PC.  The IDE has nexus installed and run non-admin mode just fine.