ChrisChuah

Delphi 11.1 compiled under MacOS Ventura

Hi

Currently i running Delphi 11.1 in Windows 10 VM. The VM is running on MacOS Monterey 12.6.3

With Delphi 11.1, i am still able to compile MacOS app to run on Monterey.

However, if i were to upgrade my MacOS to Ventura, Will my Delphi 11.1 able to compile MacOS app for Ventura?

I dont want to face the fact that after i upgraded my MacOS from Monterey to Ventura and Delphi 11.1 cannot compile for MacOS, iOS and Android via PAServer.

regards

chris

Edited by ChrisChuah

does it mean that my Windows 10 VM with Delphi 11.1 will not be able to compile iOS and MacOS app on my Macbook running on MacOS Ventura?

regards

chris

Just compiling is not an issue because it doesn't need a Mac.

Getting SDKs, debugging, signing, running can be but I don't know what from this is not working,

3 hours ago, ChrisChuah said:

Delphi 11.1 will not be able to compile iOS and MacOS app on my Macbook running on MacOS Ventura?

As long as you have a compatible version of Xcode on the Mac, Delphi 11.1 will be able to produce iOS and macOS apps. In the case of Delphi 11.1 (with patch 1 installed), even the latest version of Xcode should work.

Is there some reason you're not upgrading to 11.3? That version definitely works with Xcode 14.2 (at least, for me)

17 minutes ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Compiling / Building does need a Mac, since it uses XCode for the final steps.

Just tried on Delphi 10.1 and building for iOS Device works without a Mac. I suppose building for Mac or in newer Delphi versions also works.

Deploy does not work because there you need XCode.

5 minutes ago, Cristian Peța said:

Just tried on Delphi 10.1 and building for iOS Device works without a Mac.

A question of definition, I suppose. Without the Mac, you'll not have a binary that can be sideloaded?

:classic_biggrin: because this i said "Just compiling is not an issue". If you have all the pieces....

He asked about compiling.

Producing an app for Mac is an other thing.

Edited by Cristian Peța

@Glenn Dufke stated

11.3 is required for full Ventura support including the new XCode requirements with regards to a new notarization process.

although that only indicates that to create Ventura compliant apps, you need 11.3.

Hi

So sorry to cause so much of confusion.

Currently, i am running MacOS Monterey with XCode 14.2, PAServer 13.1.11

Actually, if i were to upgrade the MacOS from Monetery to Ventura, while keeping the PAServer for Delphi 11.1 at 13.1.11 and XCode  14.2, would there be any problem to compile and run a FMX application for MacOS?

Previously i had a problems after upgrading the XCode or MacOS, Delphi would not be able to compile and run the fmx application for iOS or MacOS.

I am now stuck with Delphi 11.1 as the company may not want to continue with using Delphi further due to not able to find programmers with such skills locally.

Everyone is onto newer programming languages such as javascript, Ruby, Rust, C sharp etc.

So sorry to say (what i feel) that delphi is really on a decline whereby the number of components released in 2008 and now, its not easy to find a suitable component for delphi.

Hence maybe i am stuck in the middle whereby i may need to re-write some of my apps into other programming languages such as Java or ReactJS

regards

chris

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 9.30.37 AM.png

On 3/29/2023 at 2:37 AM, Lars Fosdal said:

Compiling / Building does need a Mac, since it uses XCode for the final steps.

OP was about MacOS builds. Once you have the SDK (which does require a PAServer connection at first), you can do a complete and final "build" without deployment and there is no need to be connected to XCode. However, there is not much point to building if you aren't going to run the build, which of course requires MacOS.