Jud

Help with Delphi Community Edition

I'm a long-time registered user of Delphi.  I want to download Delphi Community Edition to my laptop to take on a trip.  When I download the community edition, it gives me three options: sign up for trial version, enter a registration key, or upload a registration file. I just want to use the free community edition, but that isn't an option.  When I enter my registration code for 11.3, it says that it is registered to a different user, so I can't register it.

Is there a way for me to just get the community edition for my laptop?

Not sure I understand at which state you have a problem. It is when you download or is it when you install ?

When I enter my registration code for 11.3

Why the Community Edition? 🤔 You can use your personally registration on multiple computers...only uses by your self. 👍

3 hours ago, haentschman said:

You can use your personally registration on multiple computers...only uses by your self.

That's right, but the number of installations is limited (I think it is 3). After that you have to contact Embarcadero to explain why you need more installations.

2 hours ago, FPiette said:

That's right, but the number of installations is limited (I think it is 3). After that you have to contact Embarcadero to explain why you need more installations.

Or you get a network named user license, then you can have as many installations as you like. You can only use (run) a limited number of these installations at the same time, but I don't remember how many. It's more than two though.

10 hours ago, DelphiUdIT said:

I think that with regular account (subscription active) you cannot use CE.

That seems to be the case, based on my experience.  I don't want to go through the hassle of activating it on my laptop, so I'm planning to use my wife's email to get the CE on my laptop. 

Why the Community Edition?

...🙄 No answer?

You have a perfect licence and you can use it on the laptop. Install the Professional or Enterprise (what you have) version with your key. 😎

On 9/2/2023 at 10:48 AM, Jud said:

I don't want to go through the hassle of activating it on my laptop, so I'm planning to use my wife's email to get the CE on my laptop. 

ummm ... you do know you can have more than one email address in your life, right? I know folks with 50 or 60 emails just on GMail (although I don't know how they keep track of them). I've got a ton of domains, and over a dozen of them have email set up. Why would you impose on somebody else like that? Just grab another email address from somewhere! Do you have a domain with web hosting? If so, you can easily go into your hosting control panel and set up another mailbox. EMBT is not going to match it up with the one you used to register your product even if its the same domain because ... how many people do you think have registered using a @gmail_com address??? Probably THOUSANDS!

Just say'n.

Anyway, the download and installtion takes way more time than activation.

Edited by David Schwartz