PeterPanettone

GetIt installation does not work

Now that GetIt is available again in Delphi 12, I tried installing an item. But something is wrong with the GetIt Package Manager installation mechanism - when clicking on the 'Yes' button, nothing happens:

image.thumb.png.361613c0ffae9df0fa75b8ca5973a851.png

There seems to be something hidden behind the dialog box. I could only kill the IDE from Task Manager!

Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by PeterPanettone

To me all is working right, and the image that you send is the same for me.

I don't know if patch 1 is needed to use the "new" getit (I use it with patch 1 installed and all works fine).

9 minutes ago, DelphiUdIT said:

To me all is working right, and the image that you send is the same for me.

I don't know if patch 1 is needed to use the "new" getit (I use it with patch 1 installed and all works fine).

I, too, have tried the GetIt installation with Patch 1. Same error as before.

Works fine here as well - updated KSVC in Delphi 12 patch 1 without issues. 

There are dialogs for this will require a restart of the IDE and restart the IDE that some packages put up during installation. 

52 minutes ago, Brian Evans said:

updated KSVC in Delphi 12

That's where the error occurred. Another GetIt installation (which did not include a UAC prompt) worked flawlessly.

My KSVC update seemingly installed OK but when I went to update my project it couldn't find some KSVC components.

I had to de/re install KSVC and all was good.

Does anybody know what the KSVC update changed/updated?

Regards,

Ian

14 hours ago, Ian Branch said:

Does anybody know what the KSVC update changed/updated?

They probably just had to be recompiled.

Is there a way to change the path to the GetIt server in 11.2? It's been days since I've been able to access it. Using the browser access doesn't check for things already installed and, AFAIK, give access to any of the patches.

D12.0 Pro is working fine though I get a sense that getting Patch 1 might be an adventure.

Brian

24 minutes ago, Brian Warner said:

Is there a way to change the path to the GetIt server in 11.2?

Currently there is no GetIt server for 11.2! They are still working on it.

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I suspect 12.x is their priority, as it should be. BTW the 12.1 install worked fine.

I'm in the middle of a big project and don't want to try to migrate to 12. New stuff, yes, but not old for now. Once the project is "out the door" (is it really ever?), I'll migrate to 12.  If I read correctly, I may as well hold off doing that until some  new "in-line registration" 12.x is released,since that would require uninstalling and reinstalling, which means reinstalling all the GetIt packages, no?

hold off doing that until some  new "in-line registration" 12.x is released,since that would require uninstalling and reinstalling, which means reinstalling all the GetIt packages, no

Only if you installed 12 from GetIt/online originally. 

I always install from the ISO, and yesterday updated with patch 1 (it is not 12.1) and several component updates using GetIt.

Angus

On 2/13/2024 at 10:44 PM, Uwe Raabe said:

Currently there is no GetIt server for 11.2! They are still working on it. 

Is it cynical to suggest that Embarcadero won't bother repairing getit servers for earlier versions? They don't seem to like having to support any version other than the current.

As of today a rebuilt 11.3 web installer is available on my.embarcadero.com.

• Like 1