Alexander Sviridenkov

WebUI framework: Technical preview. Part 1.

12 minutes ago, Die Holländer said:

Any link to the webUI website?

It's under development, just preview. Release is expected in May and will be included in HTML Library bundle for customers on subscription.

On 4/24/2024 at 4:10 AM, Alexander Sviridenkov said:

Release is expected in May and will be included in HTML Library bundle

You have a couple of "bundles". Do you mean the three library bundle?

Bundle (HTML Component Library + HTML Editor Library + HTML Report Library)

I'm curious as a potential customer.

6 minutes ago, JonRobertson said:

You have a couple of "bundles". Do you mean the three library bundle?

I'm curious as a potential customer.

Yes, it will be available for free for customers with active subscription (at release date) on Bundle mentioned above (HTML Component Library + HTML Editor Library + HTML Report Library)

• Like 2

WebUI demo is available:

http://delphihtmlcomponents.com/webui.zip

1. Extract files from zip.

2. Run nw.exe (requires Administrator because uses http.sys web server)

3. Enter your DB connection details or leave demo DB

4. Press Create UI

5. After UI is created press Start server and open http://localhost:8080 in browser.

Documentation

https://delphihtmlcomponents.com/webui/

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I roughly get the point of this, by peeking through the docs.
Opens a few questions:
Does this work also locally, standalone, meaning that one App contains a kindof internal service, together with a TWebBrowser in the same app?
So that there is no real server is used, only perhaps internal communications with the TWebBrowser component.

Other question, if this could work as above on Android and iOS too?
Perhaps the answer to 1.) and 2.) is "No", which would explain why 2.) is not available for mobile platforms yet.

Is this part of the HtmlComponents package and already available for testing, by using the current download link again?

Edited by Rollo62

It looks like this is similar to Elevate Web Builder. I think TMS has a product that does this also.

Are you targeting a different or lower-cost market or is there something specific about this I missed that is really unique?

10 hours ago, corneliusdavid said:

It looks like this is similar to Elevate Web Builder. I think TMS has a product that does this also.

Both compile Pascal to javascript using pas2js. This seems to be more like UniGUI, Kitto or even IntraWeb, where your program itself is a webserver.

On 8/7/2024 at 6:43 PM, Rollo62 said:

I roughly get the point of this, by peeking through the docs.
Opens a few questions:
Does this work also locally, standalone, meaning that one App contains a kindof internal service, together with a TWebBrowser in the same app?
So that there is no real server is used, only perhaps internal communications with the TWebBrowser component.

Other question, if this could work as above on Android and iOS too?
Perhaps the answer to 1.) and 2.) is "No", which would explain why 2.) is not available for mobile platforms yet.

Is this part of the HtmlComponents package and already available for testing, by using the current download link again?

Currently it supports only desktop platforms, but in future can work on mobiles too.

15 hours ago, corneliusdavid said:

Are you targeting a different or lower-cost market or is there something specific about this I missed that is really unique?

Main differences:

1. In WebUI you do not work with simple control like Label, Edit, Combo, etc., only with high level entities. F.e. "I want to have a filter on toolbar for this field".
2. Library is not tied to certain JS/CSSlibraries, you can define how it will render UI by changing templates.

3. UI is designed in browser and is stored in DB. Therefore:

a) You can have different UI on each customer/site using one compiled application. And easily copy/paste forms between sites.

b) Changes are more simple. Standard way: Customer request, f.e. add new column to grid - Open application in IDE, find form, find dataset, change query, find grid, add column, compile, test, send back to customer.

WebIUI - press F2 in browser, open designer, change SQL, add column, press Apply.

4. Very powerful grid/listview. Easy to define cell content, color, background, format, etc.

5. Lot of built-in features (with UI created using WebUI itself) - localization with automatic translation, session management, forms management, SQL and pages profiling, server monitoring, etc.

6. Embedded access rights management. All entities are linked to dataclasses and UI is displayed with respect to current user role (f.e. Delete button will be hidded if role has no delete rights for this class).

7. SQL, JS, Scripts editors with completion and hints.

8. Some parts are created automatically basing on DB schema and content anylysis. You can download demo, enter you database details and get working application in 1-5 minutes.

9. Easy integration with Delphi, Register you class in WebUI and you will be able to call any of its methods from scripts.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Alexander Sviridenkov said:

Currently it supports only desktop platforms, but in future can work on mobiles too.

Ok, but still unclear if this can be used as internal "server" too, especially on mobile.
As described above, the apps will act as a real embedded HTTP web server, right?
This will make little sense for any mobile app, perhaps.

But in any app on any platform, to have just a "local" server, that doesn't conflict with firewalls, permissions, etc.,
and which is just responsible for the UI part, that will make a lot of sense.
This will enable an easy way to separate the UI from the business logic, IMHO.

So can it be used that way, or is it even intended for that purpose?

2 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

Ok, but still unclear if this can be used as internal "server" too, especially on mobile.
As described above, the apps will act as a real embedded HTTP web server, right?
This will make little sense for any mobile app, perhaps.

But in any app on any platform, to have just a "local" server, that doesn't conflict with firewalls, permissions, etc.,
and which is just responsible for the UI part, that will make a lot of sense.
This will enable an easy way to separate the UI from the business logic, IMHO.

So can it be used that way, or is it even intended for that purpose?

Yes, it can. Library itself is not tied up to any web server, just need 20-30 lines of code to pass request and get response.

• Like 1

Hi Alexander,

Is there any new about your framework ?

Regards,