dummzeuch

GExperts and Delphi 10.3.2

Everybody and his brother – ahem – sister is blogging about the latest Update for Delphi 10.3 which has been announced two days ago. As always, Embarcadero’s servers are overloaded and have been down for hours. I have now started downloading the ISO and my browser is telling me it should be finished in 90 minutes. I’m not convinced yet…

The first feedback has been that GExperts seems to work with the new version but there is an access violation when exiting the IDE. I’ll give it a try once the download has finished and if I can actually install the new version.

Everybody else of course is welcome to get the GExperts sources and compile their own DLL to test. I’m interested in feedback about self compiled DLLs more than about the last release. If somebody can track down the AV and maybe even propose a fix that would be great.

(that's actually the full blog post from here:

https://blog.dummzeuch.de/2019/07/20/gexperts-and-delphi-10-3-2/ )

I got Delphi 10.3.2 installed, but now it tells me my update subscription has expired (No it hasn't, I renewed for a year in May 2019). The old version was also telling me that it had expired but kept working because it was released before May. May sales representative, who I told about this, had no idea and since I was busy with other stuff I never followed it up. That's what you get for not persisting at such times.

I probably need some updated license file for our license server. I'll try to get that on the way on Monday, but don't hold your breath for any updates or bugfixes to GExperts for Delphi 10.3.

@dummzeuchIt might be something to do with most if not all the Embarcadero servers not working properly and 10.3.2 cannot authenticate you current license.

49 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

I probably need some updated license file for our license server.

Yes, that's it.

You have to refresh your hosted license from inside the ELC server, download the slip file and import that at each Delphi installation with LicenseManager. This has to be done each time the license changes, f.i. when a new major version is released or your subscription is renewed. Well, strictly it has to be done only on those systems where you plan to use the new version.

• Thanks 2

@dummzeuch

Ich have just downloaded the sourcecode and compiled the DLL. The DLL identifies itself as version 1.3.13.78, Delphi 10.3.2 is on build .6593.

I cannot confirm an access violation while closing the IDE. I have just done a couple of tests, opened some projects, opened some of the experts - but no access violation.

• Thanks 2

I don't get the access violation with GExperts and Delphi 10.3.2.  GExperts worked smoothly.  But I am using GExperts 1.3.12.66 Experimental.

• Thanks 1

After I managed to update the license on elc today (thanks again to Matthias Eissing), I was able to compile and use GExperts in Delphi 10.3.2. So far without problems, but that does not mean much because I started and exited the IDE a few times and didn't do much more. I'm busy with other stuff (using Delphi 2007).

• Like 1

Just compiled 1.3.13.77 and it crashes depending on a specific configuration with 10.3.2 (same on 10.3.1)

First, I moved GExperts to the Tools menu.

Then everything is fine, I can launch the IDE but it always stalls at launch time for about 20-30 seconds when stating "All IDE packages loaded".

Minor problem.

Now, it doesn't crash when exiting except when I uncheck "Disable all editor enhancements".

When unchecked, then I configure the editor toolbar with some commands I want.

Now when I exit RadStudio, I get the infamous Exception (see screenshot)

If I disable all editor enhancements, then exiting RadStudio is fine.

On the screenshot, Y:\prov\GExperts is the directly where I compiled 1.3.13.77

Hope this helps. Can anyone else with the crash confirm that editor enhancements are enabled?

Steve

Screen Shot Gexpert error.png

• Like 1

I just upgraded to 1.3.13.79.  I have no delay in loading 10.3.2, and no crash on exit.  Editor enhancements are not disabled.  GExperts has its own menu in the IDE (not part of tools).

I used the batch command to install it specifically for Rio.

Not sure what might be different.

I haven't used the IDE much.  If I get a different result later in the day I will report back.

Sue

The assertion in SynTextDrawer usually only happens after another exception on exit, that probably prevented DeactivateFontInfos from being called. I have yet to find the cause. The Assertion is new, introduced by my recent update of SynEdit to the current version from GitHub.

I have just played a bit with the "disable all editor enhancements" option, no crash at all.

10.3.2 seems to be usable now. I'll try to do some work in it and see if I can reproduce the problem.

• Thanks 1