Ian Branch

Message Dialog Expert form is too small in Delphi 10.3.3 & 10.4

All,

Latest svn of GExperts.

I have opened a new thread on this one as the previous thread had an unrelated title referring to something else.

This issue already registered with Thomas as Bug # 192.

Before I start pulling D10.3.3 & D10.4 apart as it were I would ask if anybody else is seeing this when you open the Message Dialog?

image.thumb.png.7548967e9947ce74da06dd0bd4d03965.png

Unfortunately Thomas is unable to reproduce it which suggests it may be my environment.

Regards,

Ian

Rad Studio 10.4, installed version of GExperts, based on revision 3167. There is a similar problem, the window size can be stretched horizontally and vertically.

But after closing the 'Message Dialog' form, the set sizes are not remembered and when you re-open the window is small

Edited by Dinar

For me the same

I see this beavhior by 10.2, 10,3 and 10.4

Delphi XE5 the Dialog is shown correctly

regards

Torsten

Hi Thomas,

The issue has returned.  Haven't used it for a bit but did today after updating to rev 3236.

It occurs in both 10.3.3 & 10.4.

Regards,

Ian

• Like 1

I agree. It would be very useful if the MESSAGE DIALOG wizard would remember its size, also between sessions! It should also have a SIZE GRIP in the bottom right corner for easy resizing.

Edited by PeterPanettone

I think I fixed this now. At least it works for me in Delphi 10.4.1.

Could you please compile and test it?

Hi Thomas,

Win 10, D10.4.1, 32bit.  GExperts svn 3287.

I regret to advise that the issue still persists. 😞

Just in case there was some interaction, I disabled all other add-ins.  Same result.

Regards,

Ian

Perhaps.  I am running in 3840 x 2160.

Having said that it doesn't retain its resizing between usages.

I tried to set my monitor to 1920x1080 to test but Windows went all funny on me. 😞

I guess it will need someone with a a lower resolution to test.

Ian

5 minutes ago, Ian Branch said:

Perhaps.  I am running in 3840 x 2160.

Having said that it doesn't retain its resizing between usages.

I tried to set my monitor to 1920x1080 to test but Windows went all funny on me. 😞

I guess it will need someone with a a lower resolution to test.

Ian

Or maybe even better: Somebody with such a high resolution to find the problem. (Or somebody who sponsors me a high resolution monitor 😉 )

Which monitor are you using? Would you recommend it?

I can reproduce the initial screen being too small on my 3840x2160 monitor. But it would be sufficient to fix the failure to save the size between usages, to avoid the annoyance of resizing it every time, and this might not require a matching monitor.  I am sorry, but I am not motivated to learn enough about the Gexperts source to discover how/where you prefer to save dialog sizes, because this is a Gexperts item that I have never used!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hunni said:

I have this problem with a Standard resolution from 1920x1080

I have this problem with a resolution from 3200 x 1333

37 minutes ago, PeterPanettone said:

That would be the best solution!

But it would probably also fail. As long as I don't know what causes this it's pointless to try.

7 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

But it would probably also fail. As long as I don't know what causes this it's pointless to try.

You are right, that wouldn't fix the fundamental flaw.

But at least, in the meantime, we could work with a Message Dialog Expert which has a reasonable size when called. And the functionality to restore the size of the Message Dialog Expert between sessions is needed anyway.

Edited by PeterPanettone

RE the monitor I am using - It is an AOC U2790VQ.  The cheapest 4k monitor I could find.  Oh the screen real estate I can now work in/with. 🙂

For what I do, they are ideal.  I did have to update my old video card as it didn't have display ports to feed the monitor.   Such a sacrifice. 😉

Edited by Ian Branch

On 5/30/2020 at 1:02 AM, Dinar said:

Rad Studio 10.4, installed version of GExperts, based on revision 3167. There is a similar problem, the window size can be stretched horizontally and vertically.

But after closing the 'Message Dialog' form, the set sizes are not remembered and when you re-open the window is small

The error no longer appears in my revision 3325.
The enlarged window size is not remembered when you open it again, but the window now fully accommodates all components
I work on two monitors with a resolution of 1920x1080. In the time interval between the appearance of this problem and its disappearance, the monitors did not change.
When installing Delphi 10.4.1, the problem was also present initially, so it's probably not in Rad Studio.

Message Dialog in GExperts rev. 3325.png

Edited by Dinar