Roger Cigol

Embarcadero C++ Programmer for Engineering UK

Anyone out there who is an Embarcadero C++ Programmer based in the UK (ideally SW England)  with interest in engineering applications ?

We could do with working with one (full time?)

"Engineering" means "not video games" and "not accounting packages".......(not that writing good software for these is without it's own challenges - just that our s/w has different challenges!)

"Engineering" means driving machines that do something - ie control systems. 

Any one working on their own or part of a small s/w development team independant partnership? This could work just as well as us actually employing someone....

Maybe a promising computer engineering graduate or post graduate. Must enjoy working with a diverse range of people and be a good listener (and understander!).

I would possibly have been interested, but its the wrong programming language (I don't do any C++) and wrong country for me (BREXIT is a gift that keeps giving ...)

Why do you want Embarcadero C++? What in particular are you looking for that is specific to Embarcadero tools rather than standard C++? 

Main projects use VCL. Minor projects use FireMonkey. Some projects use FireDAC. Some (albeit not complex) internal VCL components, all of which are in C++

But thinking about this further, if someone came along with good C++ skills and good person to person skills it would be easy for us to teach her/him how to work with VCL / FMX / FireDAC and the Embarcadero IDE....

IMHO, "learning" a language and "learning" and environment, the latter is much much much more. When i first was confronted with the Java "environment" my takeout was "it takes longer to look up the correct java function than writing the function in Delphi (or Java, for that matter)".

• Like 1

I'm not sure that I agree with this. The VCL IDE is not too tricky to get the hang of. I've spent my whole working life learning to program and am still finding there's lots more to learn. I guess it comes down to what you mean by "learning the language". It doesn't take long to learn to order two beers in a foreign language but that doesn't mean you can speak it.....

Either way there's always more to learn - I'm just looking for someone who is interested in learning and good at learning.... Then I can help them on their way with interesting challenging but rewarding (both job satisfaction and financially) work....