Sign in to follow this  
Rollo62

Are there any experiences with www.experts-exchange.com ?

Hi there,

I used to have a free tier account for some years, but was not very active there.

https://www.experts-exchange.com/

From my experience the coverage of Delphi was quite low, and maybe other topics like C#, JS, Java, PHP, C++ were maybe better covered.

Maybe there is a kind of ranking of their abilities and quality ?

I would like to know if anybody here is using this site, and if a full membership is worth the money.

What are the strengths of www.experts-exchange.com , if not Delphi ?

Can a full membership change the activity and quality of the answers in that channel ?

Are the experts cross-platform, how well does www.experts-exchange.com can cover hardcore crossplatform topics ?

I assume its a lot Web,Windows, DevOps biased (which is not bad eigher).

Would be great if you could exchange your experiences, to help make decisions.

I think this platform is over its zenith, since StackOverflow, but maybe you can proof me wrong.

Edited by Rollo62

It appears in my search results from time to time but only annoys me by its paid contents, I've never seen any useful answers in displayed fragments

Edited by Fr0sT.Brutal
  • Like 3

Sounds obsolete. Just look under development section and languages listed, there is no TypeScript, Python, Swift, Kotlin, R...  I wouldn't count that the content they do have is severely outdated. 

I also used to have a free account. Many years ago, it was actually useful, but when they started trying to monetize it, the quality dropped. Nowadays, when I see them in the Google search results, I don't even bother clicking on it. But since I don't have a paid account I can't really say whether they are any good. My guess would be: No.

Thanks for your opinions, I think we share the same thoughts about EE.

Its a pity, for a real, payed support site it would be worth to pay money.

3 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

Thanks for your opinions, I think we share the same thoughts about EE.

Its a pity, for a real, payed support site it would be worth to pay money.

Who would contribute to such a site? What would be their motivation? People wouldn't do it for free. Nobody wants to give away their expertise and have it sit behind a pay wall while somebody else profits. 

Stack Overflow killed EE with a completely different model.

Edited by David Heffernan
  • Like 1

Yes, of course I meant that the experts would get some profit from their support too, I assume that this was the business idea of EE in the first place .

As a kind of micropayment "UpWork", for special answers, e.g. where Delphi user could get help to integrate Java .

2 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

Yes, of course I meant that the experts would get some profit from their support too, I assume that this was the business idea of EE in the first place .

As a kind of micropayment "UpWork", for special answers, e.g. where Delphi user could get help to integrate Java .

The thing is, experts have jobs. They aren't interested in micro payments. As a general rule. I doubt EE has ever paid its contributors or ever intended to. It was crappy website that was justly made irrelevant by a far superior one. 

• Like 3