Lars Fosdal

Visual tweaks

The site header (blue, with Delphi-PRAXiS title) takes a little too much vertical space for my preferences.

Agreed. Given that I have plenty of unused space on both sides on my screen, I would rather use the vertical space to show more information.

Indeed, the header is too large.

In general, do you prefer the floating layout where the topics take all horizontal space? It is just one click, so we can test this very easy.

//gnaaaaaaa ... Daniel here

It's a definite improvement. Not sure about the color itself though. Seems a bit...not blue enough?

Sherlock

PS: Oh, and I'd love to have a signature...

On 10/18/2018 at 9:10 PM, Daniel said:

Better now?

Yes. But perhaps we (you) could shrink it a bit futher. I would prefer a floatable header. But that might be a personal favour.

1 hour ago, mkinzler said:

I would prefer a floatable header. But that might be a personal favour.

Me too!

BTW, I like the ease of quoting only part of a post.

3 hours ago, Kevin Powick said:

Too much wasted vertical space when viewed with desktop web browser.  Avatar/status info too large.  Image attached.

I agree. Avatars in messages need to be reduced in size from 138x138 to 42x42, as in the list of topics. Avatars in G+ are 45x45 in size, and that's enough. The caption "Members" can also be hidden, show only "Administrators", as implemented in G+.

The number of posts and the Delphi version can be removed. All user information can be shown in the pop-up window when you hover on an user's avatar.

53 minutes ago, Kryvich said:

The caption "Members" can also be hidden, show only "Administrators", as implemented in G+. 

There're more than two member groups there; maybe the number will be increased in the future.

The number of posts and the Delphi version can be removed. All user information can be shown in the pop-up window when you hover on an user's avatar.

We are used to it from our german "grand sister" forum.

As a first step, avatars next to posts are smaller now. Group-name for regular members is hidden now.

• Thanks 3