Brandon Staggs

Delphi 11.2 unofficial LSP patch

10 minutes ago, gkobler said:

Marco Cantu has written a blog where exactly this topic was discussed.

https://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/2022-december-suggestions-help-delphi-compiler.html

Das hatte ich tatsächlich nicht gelesen. Allerdings ist es schon ein Unterschied, ob es "nur" langsamer ist (beim Kompilieren in dem Fall) oder der LSP schlicht gar nicht mehr geht. Sprich der geht auf "Angehalten", arbeitet also auch nicht langsam weiter.

Edited by jaenicke

4 minutes ago, gkobler said:

Just wait for D11.3 😉

I secretly hope that even after the release of 11.3 an LSP fix is going to be released for 11.2 since they figured out how to make one which is "best it's ever been".

It's considered a nice business practice to deliver a usable product what you actually got paid for.

46 minutes ago, aehimself said:

I secretly hope that even after the release of 11.3 an LSP fix is going to be released for 11.2 since they figured out how to make one

If it can be reduced to the LSPServer alone, that may be (although I still doubt that), but in many cases part of the problem also lies inside the IDE/Compiler and cannot be fixed with an LSP replacement alone.

Well, being the best it has ever been does not really mean it will be great. It simply means it wont be as bad as it is now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Maybe. We can only hope for a better future.

Edited by Stano