Jim McKeeth

Cross platform color picker and palette library

This is still a work in progress, but I'm really happy with how it is going so far so I thought I would share...

https://github.com/jimmckeeth/FMXColorDialog

There are a few custom components in the dialog, and there is a palette code library, plus there is a new CMYK color record. Just fun project to mess around with on vacation. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Awesome! Thank you so much for this work Jim. Clearly the best color selector I've seen in almost 30 years. I'll definitely be using it to replace the selectors supplied with Delphi when I refresh my icon generation and image button creation tools.

• Like 1

Right now it is a collection of features, but I hope you find it useful. 

BTW, it was great meeting you in Amsterdam!

you could add to the top of the color list:

clipboard (only if a color code is in the clipboard)

no color

On 6/30/2024 at 12:16 AM, Jim McKeeth said:

This is still a work in progress, but I'm really happy with how it is going so far so I thought I would share...

Great, nothing is overengineered here at all.
I was looking for something like that for a long time, already wanted to design my own, used MustangPeak under VCL in some projects.
Color theory is a science on its own.

Solving any task completly without leaving out necessary parts in the first place is NOT a definition of Overengineering, IMHO :classic_biggrin:
In case of someone is overwhelmend from reality, you could consider to introduce several "dummy-mode levels",
to hide any frightening complexity from the more sensitive users.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Looks great! If you really want it overengineered add the various component video color spaces to. YCbCr component video (and YUV too) might actually be useful in the video editing space.

Edited by Brandon Staggs
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brandon Staggs said:

Looks great! If you really want it overengineered add the various component video color spaces to. YCbCr component video (and YUV too) might actually be useful in the video editing space.

Because the thing video editing tools really, desperately need is a color picker with HTML and process print color values...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brandon Staggs said:

YCbCr component video (and YUV too)

I was looking for more color spaces to add...

On 7/1/2024 at 11:00 AM, Rollo62 said:

In case of someone is overwhelmed from reality, you could consider to introduce several "dummy-mode levels",

I made the different color system boxes collapsible. When I add more I'll default to collapsing the less common ones, and make it based on preference. 

On 7/1/2024 at 11:00 AM, Rollo62 said:

Color theory is a science on its own.

Yes it is. I'm working on named colors and more palette options now.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Anders Melander said:

Because the thing video editing tools really, desperately need is a color picker with HTML and process print color values...

Are you serious? Maybe let Adobe know they have useless color spaces in Premier? How do you think branding color matching from multiple color sources is done anyway?

image.thumb.png.19a04638d735366787c70eaf195de774.png

Edited by Brandon Staggs