Jump to content
sh17

Is there already a statistic about the new registrations?

Recommended Posts

Unfortunately such TOS are necessary to provide a forum or any other social service. In case of g++ you grant it not to a individual person but to a international group of companies (Alaphabet: mother of Google).

Share this post


Link to post

I know. But I find it interessting that people having accounts with FaceBook or Google without problems and complaining about this much (fewer) grant here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Although there are no usage statistics for the G+ Delphi Developers, there is no doubt that the near 10k user count it has, in no way represent the actual number of active users, nor does it indicate the number of lurkers.

At the moment we have 667 members.

image.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post

Just for the records - about the TOS:

of course an administrator must have the right to modify posts - think about posts with links to piracy-sites for example. Depending on the circumstances we just snip out an offending link - instead of deleting the whole post or banning the user.

 

I understand that a TOS might sound scary to a person that reads such a thing for the first time. But at least in the European Union it is close to impossible to provide a service like this without a proper TOS - most likely similar to this one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if the situation on G+ has been any different.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/2/2019 at 10:04 PM, Uwe Raabe said:

I wonder if the situation on G+ has been any different.

G+ is slightly different.  As Owner or Moderator you can only remove posts or comments, not edit them.  A post that is removed from a community, remains on the profile of the original poster. I am already missing G+ a lot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Is there also a statistics about active members? Those that visited at least once and those who posted at least once in the last month?

 

I have got the feeling that even though the number of members is still raising, the activity is not raising but actually falling.

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/1/2019 at 6:26 PM, dummzeuch said:

Is there also a statistics about active members? Those that visited at least once and those who posted at least once in the last month?

 

I have got the feeling that even though the number of members is still raising, the activity is not raising but actually falling.

Hmm..

 

Who 'is Active'?

I login nearly every day, read nearly every changed thread..

 

But, of course, I only answer, if I have something to write...  And this is actualy nearly nothing...

 

Are I am an active User (reading) or not, of course I write nearly nothing? 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, HolgerX said:

Hmm..

 

Who 'is Active'?

I login nearly every day, read nearly every changed thread..

 

But, of course, I only answer, if I have something to write...  And this is actualy nearly nothing...

 

Are I am an active User (reading) or not, of course I write nearly nothing? 😉

As I wrote:

11 hours ago, HolgerX said:

Those that visited at least once and those who posted at least once in the last month?

That's what I mean by active. The lurkers are an important part of a community as well as those who are posting.

The people who sign up and then never log in again don't count (is there a good English translation for "Karteileichen"?).

Share this post


Link to post

Everybody in the Pascal world MUST be active here :classic_cheerleader:

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×