Uwe Raabe

IDE Code Coverage Plugin available

I didn't visit the ECON. But everything, that has to do with IDE-Plugins, is very interesting for me.

Is there any description available? What is the function of the Code Coverage Plugin? Do you have Screenshots?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bernau said:

Is there any description available? What is the function of the Code Coverage Plugin? Do you have Screenshots?

I will fill up these gaps as soon as I find some time.

1 hour ago, Alberto Paganini said:

Does it work for XE2 ?

Unfortunately not. It uses some ToolsAPI interfaces only available in later versions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Kouraklis said:

How do I enable code coverage for all the methods? Looks like I have to visit each method and enable CCM

Unfortunately, yes! Currently that is the only way to do that. I am aware that there is plenty of room for improvement in this plugin.

• Like 1

@Uwe Raabe Yes, many opportunities but it is good foundation.

BTW, I could not clone the repo cause SourceTree was not recognising it as  avalid git/hg repo. I only downloaded the files.

I am not sure if it is from your side or others have experienced the same

I am not using SourceTree, so I cannot test. TortoiseHG has no problems cloning the repo. 

@Jim McKeeth As it was a Mercurial repo it went down the drain when Bitbucket dropped Mercurial support. It seems I missed to convert it to Git, but I will see what can be done timely to make it available on GitHub again.

Edited by Uwe Raabe
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Great, will try it now :classic_biggrin:

[EDIT]
I tried to clone the repo, compiled it and install.
I got this error

---------------------------
CodeCoverage - Delphi 10.4 - Welcome Page [Built]
---------------------------
Registration procedure, Codecoverage@Main.Register in package C:\Attracs\DelphiCodeCoveragePlugin\Packages\Delphi 10.4 Sydney\CodeCoverage270.bpl raised exception class EAbstractError: Abstract Error.

Any clue ?

/Roland

Edited by Berocoder

11 hours ago, Attila Kovacs said:

Why Tokyo is the first supported IDE? Is this based on some new OTA?

Simply because I started with Tokyo and updated to newer versions only. I will see how far back it can work without too much of a hassle.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Berocoder said:

Any clue ?

I missed to push a commit. Should work now with the latest change.

• Like 1

There seem to be problems with the toolbar buttons in all Delphi versions except Delphi 11. In Delph i 10.4.2 there is even a crash when installing the plugin from the IDE. I will try to track that down as soon as my schedules allow.

• Like 1

Yes the Toolbar is not working in Sydney. But can still use hotkey so no big deal.

I have to manually mark each method to enable code coverage. Is it possible to just enable all code in a project for code coverage? My project have about 5 mloc with thousands of methods. It would be handy 😊

2 hours ago, Berocoder said:

It would be handy

I doubt that. The code coverage is done by setting a special breakpoint in each code line. That might get a bit slow with 5 million breakpoints. I recommend to do code coverage on one or very few methods at once.

Ah ok. I am sure it will be slow. I have been looking for a tool that cover a whole project for Code coverage. There is https://github.com/magicmonty/delphi-code-coverage.
I had a memory there was some kind of problem last time I tried. Maybe I should look again.

But still impressive work with your plugin!

Regards

Roland