santiago

Ctrl Tab Ide Plugin

On 6/7/2020 at 5:59 PM, santiago said:

Actually the Delphi IDE is the only program I can think of that does not navigate open documents based on the order in which they were last activated but instead on the order in which the tabs are arranged in the editor.

I acknowledge that this is a point of personal preference and I'm not challenging yours but FWIW of all the applications that I happen to have running right now only one does not navigate in tab order:

• SQL Server Management Studio

The remaining all navigate in tab order.

• Firefox
  • Excel
  • Adobe Acrobat
  • SourceTree
  • ThunderBird
  • Windows PowerShell ISE
  • Delphi

Extension's cool and needed. Thanks for that!

After a minute of use, I see one flaw... if I have a lot of code cards open, the window with ListBox does not scroll and pressing the Tab key hides the cursor outside the window after a while.

17 minutes ago, Jacek Laskowski said:

After a minute of use, I see one flaw... if I have a lot of code cards open, the window with ListBox does not scroll and pressing the Tab key hides the cursor outside the window after a while.

Am happy it is of use you.
I could reproduce the problem you describe.

Am about to complete the issue with the Welcome Page. Which has been an absolute nightmare...
I have it working now, but need to test it well. Hope I can commit the changes tonight.
As soon as I am through with that, will look at the scrolling issue.
Thx for reporting.

On 6/27/2020 at 3:41 AM, Dinar said:
  • If the Welcome Page is open, it does not appear in the list of open modules, but switching to it occurs when iterating through all the units via Ctrl + Tab.

I have pushed the changes to GitHub. Have not recompiled the binaries yet though, as I plan to do some more work on it.

Unfortunately the Welcome Page behaves very differently than all other module types (*.pas, *.dfm, *.dpr, *.dpk, etc...). It does not trigger ViewActivated events.
At the end I got it to work by using the INTAEditServicesNotifier.DockFormUpdated. This is the only method that is triggered whenever the Welcome Page is activated.

CtrlTabWelcomePage.jpg

Edited by santiago
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jacek Laskowski said:

Bug has been fixed :-).
Have not recompiled the binaries yet.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 5:08 AM, David Heffernan said:

I have one very minor suggestion. I wonder if it would be prudent to add a namespace to all your unit names to avoid potential clashes. For instance, one of your units is named Main and I bet there are other packages around that use that name. With a namespace prefix you sidestep any such pitfalls.

Done 🙂
Thx!

I have noticed that the list of units that the plugin offers includes those that are loaded but not visible in the IDE. In my case this means units loaded because of visual form inheritance.

So with a base form and a derived form, suppose that you load just the derived form. Well, both of the forms are offered by the plugin even though the base form isn't visible in the IDE. Is that intentional?

6 hours ago, David Heffernan said:

I have noticed that the list of units that the plugin offers includes those that are loaded but not visible in the IDE. In my case this means units loaded because of visual form inheritance.

So with a base form and a derived form, suppose that you load just the derived form. Well, both of the forms are offered by the plugin even though the base form isn't visible in the IDE. Is that intentional?

Definitely not intentional. Will have a look. Thx for reporting. 🙂

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 1:56 AM, David Heffernan said:

Issue has been solved. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The first time I saw your idea I did not see the benefits but after adding some useful information to the form it could be a great extension though.

However, I'm not the OTA guy, so my version is using heavily the IDE itself, but the most could be achieved through the official way.

(Assumed you will get the plugin API sources for Parnassus, which is not anymore available since emba purchased it....)

image.thumb.png.707ed6ab2312a77c2056c6b24802ebe0.png

or a bit more info:

image.thumb.png.14ae48c4cdf29a572488a82568bcc630.png

Edited by Attila Kovacs
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Tom F said:

Does your Ctrl-Tab do the same thing as Ctrl-b <Enter>?

I was not even aware of  the 'Buffer List'.
But yes indeed, the 'Buffer List' provides the same functionality. But is not as convenient to use.

However, if you are used to the way the Ctrl+Tab shortcut works and behaves in different development IDE's you will not be very happy with the 'Buffer List'.

I would have still developed the Ctrl+Tab plugin if I had been aware of the 'Buffer List' before.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tom F said:

Does your Ctrl-Tab do the same thing as Ctrl-b <Enter>?

Buffer list does not remember the size of its window when reopening it and it always contains the full path to files