MartinPe

Good data grid for VCL and FMX

Hello,

Any good data grid that works with dataset that can soft and filter directly from the grid?

Thanks.

SMComponents does that and their grid comes with many other interesting features while being as simple as possible. It's even free...!

I almost ended up replacing my own DBGrid descendant with these when I had enough of tinkering around trying to fix it's issues 🙂

There are a fair number of Delphi grids still in active development. One is Developer Express :  VCL Data Grid. It is expensive but has a lot of features and is the one I use. It has a provider mode where it basically handles querying the database for you when doing sorting / filtering in the grid itself which works much better on larger datasets than the more common pull all data locally (which it also supports). It has a bit of learning curve but once figured out you get a lot functionality with little or no code. 

VCL DataGrid - High Performance Grid for Delphi & C++Builder (devexpress.com)

Read question too fast. It does not support FMX. They tested the water with FMX but seems there was not enough demand from their current customers to make it viable. 

Edited by Brian Evans

On 6/28/2023 at 11:36 PM, MartinPe said:

It does not support sort / filtering with a dataset

One of my favourite features of the FNCGrid is it's virtual mode, which is actually the only mode I use. Allows you to manipulate the underlying data in any way you want and then just update the view. Also means that large datasets aren't a problem.

On 6/30/2023 at 5:48 AM, Bob Devine said:

One of my favourite features of the FNCGrid is it's virtual mode, which is actually the only mode I use. Allows you to manipulate the underlying data in any way you want and then just update the view. Also means that large datasets aren't a problem.

Thanks for the tip. 

On 6/29/2023 at 5:53 PM, Uwe Raabe said:

For FMX?

Is there a component that supports both at the same time?

5 minutes ago, Attila Kovacs said:

Is there a component that supports both at the same time?

As already mentioned, TMS FNC Grid, but also TeeGrid from Steema.

Technically these are not strictly the same component, because it must be derived from either a VCL or FMX TControl, but for the developer it comes quite near.