Hans♫

Google Play requires Android 13 after 31. august !!!

We already use a new installation of Delphi 11.3 Patch 1, but it targets API level 32. It installs this:

file:///C:/Users/Public/Documents/Embarcadero/Studio/22.0/CatalogRepository/AndroidSDK-2525-22.0.47991.2819/platforms/android-32

What did you do to target API level 33?

PS. It is installed on a VM that had Delphi 11.2, but upon installation of Delphi 11.3 it uninstalled 11.2 first.

Edited by Hans♫
  • Like 2

Ok, last time we tried to go ahead of the default API level in Delphi, we had a lot of trouble. Looks like this is still the case...

I think for now we will try to get our next update out before the deadline. 

Hi,

With Android Studio installed and SDK for API Level 33 .. is not working (for me). Because :

1. I have to manually edit AndroidManifest file (  <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="%minSdkVersion%" android:targetSdkVersion="33" />).

2. It's working on Pixel 3 ... but not on Pixel 7 (app just close).

3. if I change same configuration to android:targetSdkVersion="32" ... it's working on Pixel 7. 

4.  I didn't find and know how to properly install  latest NDK   (gdbserver....) - so for all unknown's in NDK I left old path/files.

image.thumb.png.c402eabd4f0b9a29b61d661e09d474a8.png

Unkonowns

strip.exe  is not ther ..llvm-strip.exe 

NDK API LEVEL LOCATION
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidNDK-21-22.0.48361.3236\android-ndk-r21\platforms\android-23

image.thumb.png.a7277047ecddabe394fa4cd8ccb7c099.png

c++ builder NDK library path:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidNDK-21-22.0.48361.3236\android-ndk-r21\platforms\android-23\arch-arm64\usr\lib

Delphi ndk library path:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidNDK-21-22.0.48361.3236\android-ndk-r21\sources\cxx-stl\llvm-libc++\libs\arm64-v8a;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidNDK-21-22.0.48361.3236\android-ndk-r21\platforms\android-23\arch-arm64\usr\lib

If Anybody have working setup - please let me know where are those files 🙂 

Regards,

Marjan 

Edited by mausmb

For each app we can extend the delay to November 1st :
- on the play console go to your app 
- on the side bar you have a "rules conformity" option (bottom of the menu for me)
- you must have a "your app must target Android 13" message, click on the link
- at the bottom of the page you have a button to extend the delay until November

Our apps won't disappear from the store, it's only we can't publish new ones after September 1st or update existing one after November 1st. "old" devices continue to have the apps on the AppStore application.

Don't panic ! (even if Google does everything to make us believe that there is an emergency or that it's a catastrophe)

About Delphi 12/C++Builder 12, an invitation has been sent to developers under subscription last week to join the beta test. If you have not received it, please contact the sales teams, who will do what is necessary.

• Like 1

again with the same old problem: update api level.

I installed rad 11.3 Version 28.0.48361.3236, update my sdk manager, delete my delphi configurations and rebuild my app. Well...manifest still in targetSdkVergion =32.

Ill add some images for my sdk manager and any more thing thats can someone help me to change for api level 33 (android 13).

Any idea ?

ths for all

sdkManagerJava.thumb.png.9481288fc1793634b7197d37949aa2ed.pngsdkManager.thumb.png.df3279d044444cbaded245cae64ad341.png

sdkManagerNDK.png

sdkManager_Installed.PNG

xmlManifest.PNG

The steps to follow (in French) : https://developpeur-pascal.fr/configurer-delphi-113-alexandria-pour-cibler-android-13-avec-son-sdk-33.html

Translated in English by Google : https://developpeur--pascal-fr.translate.goog/configurer-delphi-113-alexandria-pour-cibler-android-13-avec-son-sdk-33.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&amp;_x_tr_tl=en&amp;_x_tr_hl=fr&amp;_x_tr_pto=wapp

For the manifest, simply edit the template and replace the %targetsdkversion% by 33 and construct / deploy your app.

Edited by Patrick PREMARTIN

1 hour ago, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

The steps to follow (in French) : https://developpeur-pascal.fr/configurer-delphi-113-alexandria-pour-cibler-android-13-avec-son-sdk-33.html

Translated in English by Google : https://developpeur--pascal-fr.translate.goog/configurer-delphi-113-alexandria-pour-cibler-android-13-avec-son-sdk-33.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&amp;_x_tr_tl=en&amp;_x_tr_hl=fr&amp;_x_tr_pto=wapp

For the manifest, simply edit the template and replace the %targetsdkversion% by 33 and construct / deploy your app.

i put a new version like those article. as soon google tell me something ill add here

14 hours ago, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

For each app we can extend the delay to November 1st

Thank you, I did not see this option. I applied and we now have an extended deadline until November 1st.

14 hours ago, guarasemini said:

xmlManifest.PNG

The structure of your generated AndroidManifest.xml looks alien to me, usually this looks like that, in my RadStudio environment:

image.thumb.png.1faf1486cce72039b75df846e171d05a.png

Did you changed your AndroidManifest.template.xml completely ?

It looks like this in my, usually original case, except the manual override of targetSDK "33":

image.thumb.png.160fa5c503d244da24d5d25ab965f9af.png

Edited by Rollo62

3 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

The structure of your generated AndroidManifest.xml looks alien to me, usually this looks like that, in my RadStudio environment:

image.thumb.png.1faf1486cce72039b75df846e171d05a.png

Did you changed your AndroidManifest.template.xml completely ?

It looks like this in my, usually original case, except the manual override of targetSDK "33":

image.thumb.png.160fa5c503d244da24d5d25ab965f9af.png

i open my manifest on notepad++, so looks like a little different. But i just added "usescleartexttraffic"

google published my new version just change targersdkversion

42 minutes ago, Keesver said:

This is a clustermess. If you are publishing to Android you must have an update subscription so you can continue to be present; but even if you do you’ll do it on a beta platform which might not produce fully functioning code…? Am I getting it right…?

Fortunately I’m not affected it; it just sounds extremely strange. I did not check the article but I’m sure the steps needed could be automatized and depleted via a patch.

13 minutes ago, aehimself said:

Am I getting it right…?

I think so.

It's quite frustrating that this often comes down to the wire like this. I don't have any objection to maintaining a subscription to get support for Android API level updates, but it is beyond frustrating that they don't come in a timely manner. API 33 had its release one year ago. Even if we extend the deadline to November, there's hardly going to be enough time to properly test a new API level build when we can finally get Delphi 12 without a beta NDA.

• Like 2

Nevermind, even if I could use a Subscription Beta,
I would not even think about porting all my Apps now, just 8 days before the end-of-expiration date, with unclear outcome what else will break down in the apps then.

• Like 3

A sinister thought could be that one day Google could force every app being considered for its play store be exclusively built using Android Studio only due to its every restricting security requirements with each version release.

1 hour ago, TazKy said:

A sinister thought could be that one day Google could force every app being considered for its play store be exclusively built using Android Studio only due to its every restricting security requirements with each version release.

That would not happen since they support C++ in Android Studio. And such compiled code is no different than Delphi code.

• Like 1

We will see.  I have been developing Android projects using FireMonkey for the past 5 plus years starting with KitKat (v4.4.4) and I hold my breath each time my company has to support the newest Android OS with their ever tightening restrictions.

Fortunitely there is one thing I do not have to worry about.  My projects does not have to pass the Android High Counsel's playstore scrutiny.  Apps are developed for our customers only, not the general public.

19 hours ago, TazKy said:

The same was said about Apple and they still give external tools for other development environments / languages.

This would probably break MAUI, Xamarin, Unity, ReactNative and many others as well, so I doubt Google or Apple would gain from this decision.

If Marco Cantu reads this, I would highly recommend Embarcadero to prioritize a rock solid compatibility to new SDK/API version on alle platforms.

New features are nice, bug fixes are very nice, but the uncertainty about support for platform changes can ruin it all.

I know it is easier said than done because the marketing people will scream for new features to promote. That is the tradeoff in all software companies. But the whole revenue in our company is based on being available on all platforms, and it requires "nerves of steel" to be so close to the edge of the cliff so often.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hans♫ said:

to prioritize a rock solid compatibility to new SDK/API version on alle platforms.

I can only agree with that and I would add that SDK/API should always be fully supported, i.e. 100%, and not only 80%.
Then it is better to leave out unmaintained APIs altogether, in my opinion.