Keesver

FYI - Several Embarcadero services are currently unavailable

14 minutes ago, Skrim said:

Why then isn't GetIt up and running?

Many people think that patience is a sign of weakness.
I think this is a mistake. It is anger that is a sign of
weakness, whereas patience is a sign of strength

(Dalai Lama)

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Many people think that patience is a sign of weakness.
I think this is a mistake. It is anger that is a sign of
weakness, whereas patience is a sign of strength

(Dalai Lama)

Nice :classic_biggrin: I'll quote that one next time I cannot deliver on time and I'm facing fines (Usd 100 per. customer per day) for not delivering by the deadline.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PeterPanettone said:

Perhaps the damage was greater than reported - and maybe the damage also occurred at a different level.

Of course it is, they didn't report anything. 

And all this situation is a very bad sign about the future of Delphi. 

Edited by Silver Black
  • Like 1

Maybe the story is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT - and what we assume may be a misdirection by forces above our pay grade. Maybe we can't see the true circumstances from our perspective, and maybe there is more to it than we know.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PeterPanettone said:

and maybe there is more to it than we know

That much is certain.

• Like 1

When programming, I have often found that "thinking outside the box" sometimes leads to an unexpected and accurate solution.

There must be issues with the whole site, first off I wanted to give Delphi a try, so I signed up for the community edition, but it never sends the confirmation email with the license key you need to install it which is frustrating! I tried with two different email addresses and the same thing happens.

So I've now ended up on this post, but here's another issue, upon signing up to the forum I received the "Email confirmation" link, so I clicked on it, like you do, and visit a page stating a message like the image attached, though receive a confirmation complete email... that's definitely not right and also confusing. 

image.png

I was using the community version but unfortunately I wanted to reinstall for technical reasons , the day of the outage (no luck).😞
since that day  i am waiting for the finalization , as the community version can't be installed with an ISO.

what is happening is simply incredible coming from a company that sells IT services and tools.😠

Too bad because Delphi is a great tool.

9 hours ago, corneliusdavid said:

I would consider this a report

And it's been nearly two weeks since that blog update without a peep (publically) about GetIt other than Ian being bombarded and saying they are working on it.

2 hours is bad downtime.  2 weeks without an update for an outage lasting 24+ days and counting.... well, I have no response.

If you avoid GetIt and discuss Quality Portal - the timeline on Jan 27 was "now" and "by next week, we'll have the new portal in place and we'll have a new blog post..."  

Edited by Darian Miller

11 hours ago, Chris1900 said:

So I've now ended up on this post, but here's another issue, upon signing up to the forum I received the "Email confirmation" link, so I clicked on it, like you do, and visit a page stating a message like the image attached, though receive a confirmation complete email... that's definitely not right and also confusing. 

image.png

Hi @Chris1900 sorry about that. But please be aware that while this forum is focused on Embarcadero Delphi, it is neither owned or operated by or at Embarcadero. If you still experience some issues with this forum, please post a message in the community management section of this forum - found here: https://en.delphipraxis.net/forum/2-community-management/ or PM me.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Hi @Chris1900 sorry about that. But please be aware that while this forum is focused on Embarcadero Delphi, it is neither owned or operated by or at Embarcadero. If you still experience some issues with this forum, please post a message in the community management section of this forum - found here: https://en.delphipraxis.net/forum/2-community-management/ or PM me.

Whoops, for some reason I must of assumed it was ran by Embarcadero. 

1 minute ago, Chris1900 said:

Whoops, for some reason I must of assumed it was ran by Embarcadero. 

No worries, you're not the first, and definitely wont be the last.:classic_cheerleader:

16 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

When programming, I have often found that "thinking outside the box" sometimes leads to an unexpected and accurate solution.

Sometimes unexpected and inaccurate

Unfortunately that doesn't address the CE problems, because the available GetIt server is only for Delphi 12.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Unfortunately that doesn't address the CE problems, because the available GetIt server is only for Delphi 12.

That is a rather important point that I totally missed!

34 minutes ago, Roger Cigol said:

GetIt also looks active for C++ Builder 12.0 as well as Delphi

Well, everything that RADStudio 12.0 can contain, I suppose.